• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Actor James Caan Passes Away at 82

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allison Addams

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:35 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Sakurafire_ wrote:
People forget that he openly admitted to being a Trump supporter, watching only Fox News and nothing else, and was "ultra-conservative" (re: radical right) in his beliefs.

Keep that in mind that, despite his amazing career as an actor, he turned out to be a pretty disappointing person in the end.

Nobody cares about all that. Just let the dude rest.

The vulnerable communities that are targeted by all the harmful politicians and terrible legislation people like James supported care.

Don't need to respect someone in death who was a crap person when they were alive. Not like they respected the people they hoped their politics would harm.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:56 am Reply with quote
I've never been a big fan of him, but I thought he was good in Godfather and Rollerball.
varmintx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:59 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Rollerball was a gem in the rough (and more sophisticated than it seems). I totally recommend it.

Yeah, if you're only familiar with the embarrassing remake, the original film is actually great and Caan is great in it. He is obviously going to be remembered for Sonny Corleone the most, but right now, I hear "Jonathan!" being chanted in my head.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:50 am Reply with quote
Santino!!! RIP

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Jessica DiCicco had a small part in The Godfather Part III. She's done voices for Demon Slayer, Yashahime, and Unlimited Blade Works.

She's been doing more anime bit-parts lately

MarshalBanana wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Orson Welles was in Transformers: The Movie, which... I GUESS could be considered anime, but the film was funded by American producers, even though the actual animation took place in Japan. It's as much "anime" as Jem & the Holograms and G.I. Joe.

Oh no, not that. I can't remember the title, I just know he voiced a bird in it.

The Enchanted Journey (グリックの冒険 / Glick no Bouken)

Peter Fernandez (Speed Racer) and Corinne Orr (Trixie) are also there
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:00 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Oh no, not that. I can't remember the title, I just know he voiced a bird in it.

The Enchanted Journey (グリックの冒険 / Glick no Bouken)

Peter Fernandez (Speed Racer) and Corinne Orr (Trixie) are also there
Yeah that's it, thank you.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:49 pm Reply with quote
HOLY CARP.

I remember renting that movie when I was like ten from a video store...what a throw-back....

Shocked

I also remember that....for being a little kids' movie, they sure didn't shy away from showing blood or putting the characters in CONSTANT danger and once I learned about the world of anime years later, I realized "....that squirrel movie might have been anime for all that edge." Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2