• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ever play a video game you'd like to see made into Anime?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I'd love to see a Tetris anime. It could be about a couple of movers who need to fit odd object in their truck. It could be a sports anime about the Tetris masters from different countries. It could be about a bunch of construction workers who have odd pieces of granite.

It could be like a super intense version of Spiral, without asking who the blade children are the during the entire show. And it can't be as bad as some of the videogame anime that have already been released Final Fantasy Unlimited....
elfena

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Xenogears RPG would make a good one. It also has mecha.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I was playing Custom Robo Arena on my Nintendo DS and after playing it, I felt like there should be a Custom Robo anime. It would be similar to other anime as Megaman NT Warriors, Digimon, ect. Probably in some later years.

There is also a game that I know of called CIMA: The Enemy. It would make a great game-based anime compared to some of Geneon and ADV Film's stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Id love to see a Soul Calibur Anime.

Would be pretty awesome, depending on which characters they use.

I actually said it before earlier on this thread, but I really do think there should be a Soul Reaver anime, as well as the rest of the Legacy of Kain story. It really does have one of the better video game storylines I've ever played through.

Quote:
How do you put cheat code in an anime Rolling Eyes, there's a problem with your game when it's only enjoyable with cheats. Beside if they made the anime base on what most people do in that game, I don't think I'd watch 25 minutes of people having sex with hookers, running them over/beating them getting your money back, and repeat.

Yeah, no kidding. I won't even go near that game for that exact same reason.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:34 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
spoiler[Cassandra maybe not, but Sophitia was the one who was sent out to destroy Soul Edge in the first game of the same name. Mitsurugi only went out to try and find a way to defeat the Tanegashima rifles, and Taki was sent to either retrieve a shard of SOul Edge or destroy it.] SO many possibilities.

Its always tough to tell with fighting games cause you gotta seperate out the "true story" from alot of the stuff that didn't really happen. From the impression I've gotten, Mitsurugi really never played any major role in the story, he never really got that close to finding SoulEdge. At most he ran into Taki a few times.

Between Soul Blade, SC1, SC2 and SC3 they could get quite a bit.

SB and SC1 are easy, theyre fairly simple. It gets alot more difficlut as you get into 2 and 3 though since the plot kinda branches out.

Im thinking:

Movie for SC1, then a short OVA depicting SB, then finally a full length series around SC2 and 3. I figure youd be best to combine the two since they actually take place with no time imbetween. Really 2 is the build up to the conclusion in 3.

SB and SC1 would be easy cause they have more focused plots.
sushifunk373

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quote
Deffinately Devil May Cry but i heard that an anime might be in the process?
BobafettBH

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
There are a ton of games id like to see turned into Anime.

I know of one thats already in the works, Blue Dragon is an RPG coming out for the Xbox360 in the US in August (its been in Japan for a while now) and they are working on an anime for it as we speak.

Another id like to see is an Anime for Final Fantasy that doesnt suck. Final Fantasy Unlimited was a poor exscuse for a Final Fantasy Anime, id like to see one based off one of the games.

I dunno bout some people but id like to see one for Metal Gear Solid too, but im not sure how it would look as a cartoon cause the game it self has always been very serious.
TheConfusedone

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
There's quite a few things I'd love to see as a anime.

For starters, Panzer Dragoon Saga would be great. With 4 disks of content to work with, as well as a damn good story... it probably would work, too.

Some of the Mana series, specifically Secret of Mana, Sword of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3. Again, great storylines, though in terms of actually making the anime, Seiken Densetsu 3 would be tricky, even impossible, due to there being 3 endings that cannot coincide and not being of a "good/neutral/bad ending" variety.

The whole Chrono series, except instead that they make use of Radical Dreamers's story in place of Chrono Cross's. And hey, there are few fuzzy spots in between the two that could be ironed out in the process.

Grand Theft Auto would be interesting to see, as long as whoever would create it looks past all of the the random non-mission related acts of violence the game contains. Remember, there is more to Grand Theft Auto than just running over old ladies, picking up hookers, and blowing up cop cars. There is a game to be played, and it doesn't require cheats to be fun either.

There are definitly more games I would like to see as a anime... but I think that's enough for now :D.

Edit:
Alucalb wrote:
I have heard of the live-action Castlevania in the works. Like the upcoming DOA flick, I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist.

Yeah, I've been watching around for this one. Recently, the director just got dumped, good thing too, same guy that directed the RE movies, something Anderson I think. The story he had made was terrible, and clashed with Lament of Innocense's story(He was trying to tell the story of how it all started.).

I believe they also have a animated straight-to-DVD Castlevania coming out too, when I get the chance I'll fish information up on that one.

Last edited by TheConfusedone on Tue May 08, 2007 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
One of my all time favorite video games that I would love to see get the anime treatment is Fantasm Soldier Valis. It was an action/platformer developed by Shin-Nihon Lasersoft, Riot and Telenet Japan for a ton of systems back in the day such as the Famicom, Super Famicom, Sega Megadrive/Genesis, NEC PC Engine CD and MSX Computer. It was originally produced in 1986 for the MSX and PC-88 home computers and then later ported and re-done for other systems, finally finding a permanent home on the NEC PC Engine CD, with numerous ports to Sega Megadrive/Genesis and a port of the fourth game to the Super Famicom/Super NES. It's a really cool game, focusing on one lone girl from Earth named Yuko Ahso who gets recruited by the queen of Dreamland to help her fight against an invading army from the Dark World. The army, led by King Rogles, has seduced and brainwashed Yuko's best friend Reiko Kirishima to be his top general. Yuko is given a powerful magical sword called "Valis" so she can become the "Valis Warrior" and fight against evil. It follows a familiar formula of cute girl in skimpy armor with a sword but, it's got great character designs with some of anime's top talent behind the scenes. Later games in the series take some interesting twists in story especially in the third and fourth games in the series. It's not been overly popular for a while now but, recently it's had a few re-releases and a new manga being serialized in Comic Valkyrie magazine. There were rumors floating around for years of an OVA produced and either released but forgotten or, done as a promotional item for a contest or something. There are a few anime that are similar to Valis both in story and design: Dream Hunter Rem features a cute girl who is like a spirit detective and dives into peoples dreams to combat evil. She transforms into a sexier version of herself in skimpy armor and sword. Also, Leda: the Fantastic Adventure of Yohko features a young girl recruited by an alternate world and given super powers as well as skimpy armor and a sword. Both of these are great but definitely no substitute for a real Valis anime. I can only dream. Maybe now that the manga is being serialized we'll get some renewed interest in the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
LeoKnight25 wrote:
One of my all time favorite video games that I would love to see get the anime treatment is Fantasm Soldier Valis. It was an action/platformer developed by Shin-Nihon Lasersoft, Riot and Telenet Japan for a ton of systems back in the day such as the Famicom, Super Famicom, Sega Megadrive/Genesis, NEC PC Engine CD and MSX Computer. It was originally produced in 1986 for the MSX and PC-88 home computers and then later ported and re-done for other systems, finally finding a permanent home on the NEC PC Engine CD, with numerous ports to Sega Megadrive/Genesis and a port of the fourth game to the Super Famicom/Super NES. It's a really cool game, focusing on one lone girl from Earth named Yuko Ahso who gets recruited by the queen of Dreamland to help her fight against an invading army from the Dark World. The army, led by King Rogles, has seduced and brainwashed Yuko's best friend Reiko Kirishima to be his top general. Yuko is given a powerful magical sword called "Valis" so she can become the "Valis Warrior" and fight against evil. It follows a familiar formula of cute girl in skimpy armor with a sword but, it's got great character designs with some of anime's top talent behind the scenes. Later games in the series take some interesting twists in story especially in the third and fourth games in the series. It's not been overly popular for a while now but, recently it's had a few re-releases and a new manga being serialized in Comic Valkyrie magazine. There were rumors floating around for years of an OVA produced and either released but forgotten or, done as a promotional item for a contest or something. There are a few anime that are similar to Valis both in story and design: Dream Hunter Rem features a cute girl who is like a spirit detective and dives into peoples dreams to combat evil. She transforms into a sexier version of herself in skimpy armor and sword. Also, Leda: the Fantastic Adventure of Yohko features a young girl recruited by an alternate world and given super powers as well as skimpy armor and a sword. Both of these are great but definitely no substitute for a real Valis anime. I can only dream. Maybe now that the manga is being serialized we'll get some renewed interest in the series.

I loved the Valis Games, I Only played the ones for the Sega Genesis,it's a great platformer series with good looking females in Armor, as for the animes you've mentioned, I've only seen one episode of Rem, but never seen Leda,but I've seen Music videos of it.

as for the Video games to Anime, I think Star Fox would make an awsome CGI-style anime similar to the Appleseed remake.

Also, an anime series based on Izuna: Legend of the unemployed Ninja would be nice, I think it has potential, even if the actual game for the DS was extreamly difficult.
AzNAnhKhoa

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I like to see Golden/Golden Lost Age..
Golden Sun Series got the best storyline of all GBA games..
They Must make this Classic game in to animé!
(like tales of phantasia OAV only wil it be ten times greater)
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
AzNAnhKhoa wrote:

Ah, yes, Golden Sun, very nice. Cool I too would love to see an anime series based on it. It'd be pretty tough to do the Gins, though, since they have an important role in the story. That's actually the same reason I would find a FF8 anime to be a little hard to do with the GFs being such a big part of the story.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before on this thread already or not, but if not, I can't believe no one has ever mentioned wanting to see a Mortal Kombat anime series! (as long as it's not as bad as the movies, that is).
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:

I loved the Valis Games, I Only played the ones for the Sega Genesis,it's a great platformer series with good looking females in Armor, as for the animes you've mentioned, I've only seen one episode of Rem, but never seen Leda,but I've seen Music videos of it.

as for the Video games to Anime, I think Star Fox would make an awsome CGI-style anime similar to the Appleseed remake.

Also, an anime series based on Izuna: Legend of the unemployed Ninja would be nice, I think it has potential, even if the actual game for the DS was extreamly difficult.

I got really lucky...I found a Turbo Duo (combination of PC Engine CD and Hu Card system) at www.videogamedepot.com a few years back for about $200 and picked up all the subsequent Valis games for it over time. The remake of Valis 1 is off the hook...graphics wise it's the best in the series. I've only seen one episode of Dream Hunter Rem myself but what I saw was neat and I'd like to see more. Leda was an incredible movie...Kaname Productions' animation for the movie was gorgeous. It's about as close to a Valis anime that I've ever seen. I forgot to mention another one that's really similar: Dream Dimension Hunter Fandora. It's created by Go Nagai with designs by what looks like Mutsumi Inomata, but I can't tell for sure. It was a three episode OVA series done from 1986-1988 abouts. Really great stuff. I picked up the dual LD set from an online retailer for about $70. This is kind of the opposite of the topic but, if you or anyone else gets a chance to see 'em, check out the three OVA's based on the Gradius series. The first one is called Salamander, the second one is called Salamander Basic Saga: Meisou no Paola and the third is Salamander Advanced Saga: Gorfa no Yabou. Those are really cool and feature character designs by Haruhiko Mikimoto and animation by Studio Pierrot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
AzNAnhKhoa wrote:

Ah, yes, Golden Sun, very nice. Cool I too would love to see an anime series based on it. It'd be pretty tough to do the Gins, though, since they have an important role in the story. That's actually the same reason I would find a FF8 anime to be a little hard to do with the GFs being such a big part of the story.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before on this thread already or not, but if not, I can't believe no one has ever mentioned wanting to see a Mortal Kombat anime series! (as long as it's not as bad as the movies, that is).

Yes!! Finally someone agrees with me (I mentioned it eons ago.) Golden Sun is a really good videogame that would make a really good series. In the GSR forum I am, we're all thinking hoow would it be, and we haven't decided yet Anime hyper...

And BrothersElric, it's Djinn, not Gins Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I was playing Custom Robo Arena on my Nintendo DS and after playing it, I felt like there should be a Custom Robo anime. It would be similar to other anime as Megaman NT Warriors, Digimon, ect. Probably in some later years..

It sounds like a 4kids product considering how much they would love to sell Custom toys, and of course you've got to collect them all. I could see somethink like that, it's similar to Transformer...

TheConfusedone wrote:
The whole Chrono series, except instead that make use of Radical Dreamers's story in place of Chrono Cross's. And hey, there are few fuzzy spots in between the two that could be ironed out in the process.

Ahh yes I would finally love for someone to make an actual sequel for this series, that would so make my day if I could finally have some closure with that series.

sushifunk373 wrote:
Deffinately Devil May Cry but i heard that an anime might be in the process?

Yes there is one coming out and here's the official site. The only question I have is am I going to be getting the first/second/third game....or perhaps something new. Anime hyper

BobafettBH wrote:
I dunno bout some people but id like to see one for Metal Gear Solid too, but im not sure how it would look as a cartoon cause the game it self has always been very serious.

It might as well be an anime seeing as how you never get to play the game, you spent most of the time listening to your girl tell you how you don't communicate. I already have a girlfriend who yells at me for not communicating I really don't need to hear it in the virtual world.....but I wouldn't mind a nice OAV that kept it short and sweet.

BobafettBH wrote:
Another id like to see is an Anime for Final Fantasy that doesnt suck. Final Fantasy Unlimited was a poor exscuse for a Final Fantasy Anime, id like to see one based off one of the games.

I'd really like to see either Final Fantasy VI or IV made into an anime. Both of those series have really interesting characters like Kain and Shadow could steal the series considering their unique histories.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Wed May 09, 2007 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11