• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whats with Adult Swim now?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:59 am Reply with quote
Ok going to be shown 5 times a week Sunday - Thurs. From list of show there going to have doesn't look like MS Gundam or any Gundam going to be on it. It seems like there pushing there non-anime shows and adult swim.

Is there still going to be a Satuday night anime adult swim or are they dropping that to?

With the change in Toonami and if there isn't going to any more Saturday night adult swim then there isn't any reason for me to watch CN anymore. Same thing happen with me and Sci-Fi they dropped saturday morning anime and then a few years latter Farscape. There isn't any left to watch... crap
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:15 am Reply with quote
From what I've read so far, the Saturday AS is out. Inu Yasha and Cowboy Bebop will be pretty much the only aired anime on the new AS. I'm upset about it because I like staying up on Saturday to watch Inu Yasha, but I have to work during the week and I just can't stay up until 1AM to watch it. My husband and I splurge on Sundays and stay up a little later to watch the regular AS...but we won't be able to do that every night. So it looks like I'm doomed to only watching The Oblongs and Mission Hill. I won't even get to see Futurama, which my husband loves. No more Sealab....no more Harvey Birdman....no more Brak Show. This move just makes me think whoever made this decision has their head where the sun don't shine!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:47 am Reply with quote
I think since its so late they should run a show uncut.
Hotaru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:36 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i agree cassandra. although i don't have to work, i have to go to school. i like to watch bebop and inu yasha, and although we'll record inu yasha, i won't get to watch bebop. (even though i have the dvd's...) why, cartoon network, why!? have ye no shame?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BC Anime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:13 pm Reply with quote
they do run an uncut show...its just not anime. errr i forgot the name of it...=\

looks like i'll start having to work harder for money for dvds, and staying up until 2 on fridays watching the anime the action channel shows (which shows some good ones, but not all the time) =\

as long as home movies is still on, i'll watch the first 30 mins of adult swim...but taking away adult swim action makes me sad
Sad Sad Sad
Cgoten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:

No more Sealab....no more Harvey Birdman....no more Brak Show.

Why not? They're still on at the same time. I guess I'll be recording Inu-Yasha every night. I'm glad Home Movies is gonna be on 4 times a week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

Cassandra wrote:

No more Sealab....no more Harvey Birdman....no more Brak Show.

Why not? They're still on at the same time. I guess I'll be recording Inu-Yasha every night. I'm glad Home Movies is gonna be on 4 times a week.

No they aren't. The Sunday schedule changes every week. Sometimes Sealab is on at 11, sometimes it's on at 12. But looking at the schedule ANN has up, it won't be on until 12:30 and even then it'll be changing between Aqua Teens, Sealab, Brak Show and all the others. So the shows I really *want* to see and can't get on DVD won't be on until 12:30.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:01 pm Reply with quote
BC Anime wrote:

they do run an uncut show...its just not anime. errr i forgot the name of it...=\

The Ripping Friends. It's the stupidest show on the face of the earth.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Looking at CN at a whole right now you'd think that they were trying get rid of all traces of anime unless it's a major ratings booster. Toonami has been reduced to 2 hours of Dragon Ball/Z and an hour of G Gundam, it seems all the anime we'll see on Adult Swim now is Cowboy Bebop and Inu Yasha, and Hamtaro and Zoids have been bumped to early mornings. I'd rather see them repeat their other series' over again just to give us some veriety. Confused

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:

BC Anime wrote:

The Ripping Friends. It's the stupidest show on the face of the earth.

No, it's not.

It's just not as good as Ren & Stimpy, is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

...They're doing this just to spite my VCR, which already has 7 of its 8 programs on it dedicated to recording stuff off of TV. :)

Tho, I'm a little suprised YYH is apparently going away.. particularly since Funi really wants all their stuff to be on TV.
Cgoten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

Tho, I'm a little suprised YYH is apparently going away.. particularly since Funi really wants all their stuff to be on TV.

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing new episodes on TV... Oh well...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BC Anime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:04 pm Reply with quote
yea, i would have liked to seen new episodes as well. that show is funny ^^

i miss ren & stimpy, that was like my favorite show when i was younger Sad i only see it occasionally on vh1 (only time i ever watch that channel =\)

anyways, cn is starting to become no thanks...looks like i'll be reduced to watching 3 late night shows, and the popeye show
Sad
TinMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:27 am Reply with quote
I wonder if CN really thinks that most of the viewers of Adult Swim are really adults. And I wonder if they think TV7 and TV14 shows are ment for adults. I love that warning saying it for 18 and up and half the shows are TV14...

CN needs a clue...

I wish I got the action channel. I don't even care if it has anime on or not. It gets a hand fool of KunFu movies. Almost as good will half the fat!
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:18 am Reply with quote
TinMan wrote:

I wonder if CN really thinks that most of the viewers of Adult Swim are really adults. And I wonder if they think TV7 and TV14 shows are ment for adults. I love that warning saying it for 18 and up and half the shows are TV14...

No, in fact, CN knows that most of its Adult Swim viewers are *NOT* adults.

Thus, the need for Y7 programming.

Most parents don't let their kids stay up past 11pm on a school night... or, so CN hopes. This way, they can target adults and college students (who regularly stay up that late) while avoiding (most of) the the youth.

Thus, AS can become "more" adult oriented.. or, at least, CN can stop getting as many complaints about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2