• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Confirms New Anime to Launch on February 14

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsuraraUzumaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quote
This is fantastic! I really hope that it's Brotherhood, although I'll be perfectly happy with anything else.

Yay for new anime! Very Happy
mudduck454

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
Shugo chara I think could be a huge hit for Disney, because it targets young girls who are trying to figure out who they are, and what they want to be, I don't think there are that many young girls watching [as] at that time of night....
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
Shugo chara I think could be a huge hit for Disney, because it targets young girls who are trying to figure out who they are, and what they want to be, I don't think there are that many young girls watching [as] at that time of night....

Except for one thing: Nadeshico.

Can't cut her out, can't change her backstory without destroying her entire character (nor would Peach Pitt allow it, I'm pretty sure), and because of it the show will never air on US television.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

Except for one thing: Nadeshico.

Can't cut her out, can't change her backstory without destroying her entire character (nor would Peach Pitt allow it, I'm pretty sure), and because of it the show will never air on US television.

there would be no reason to cut that out, spoiler[just because he dresses as a woman, because of a family tradition and dances is not so big of a shock, I could see it being an issue if he liked doing it, but you find out that he really hates doing it, but because it is a family tradition he has to do it. and if the character was actually gay, then I could see Disney not showing it, but as it stands I think it would fit in there, or if cartoon network wanted to compete with Disney more in the female genre then it would fit better there, ] plus they only have to use the first 100 episodes, the new shugo chara party is crap, I feel the show properly ended at the end of shugo chara doki doki

I dont normally use the spoiler tag but I thought I should in case some have not seen the show....
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
You know, rumors are going around that the show in question is NOT an anime, but rather another anime parody ala Perfect Hair Forever.

Imagine if that were true.
Namia_the_Theif_18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
joystick1101 wrote:
Namia_the_Theif_18 wrote:
i wonder what this new anime is that they got
if it's anything from like
funimation i am goin to be sooo happy.

of course it'll be from Funimation, really who else?

well, i mean
it could be bandai for all we know rly
nhjm449

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 am Reply with quote
hay guys, [as]'s schedule backend shows "Fullmetal Alchemist" (Brotherhood?) as airing at midnight.

http://schedule.adultswim.com/asXml/13.EST.xml

Code:
02/13/2010 10:00pm: AdultSwim  King Of the Hill               - Queasy Rider
02/13/2010 10:30pm: AdultSwim  King Of the Hill               - Miseducation of Bobby Hill, The
02/13/2010 11:00pm: AdultSwim  Stroker and Hoop               - Ninja Worrier
02/13/2010 11:30pm: AdultSwim  Boondocks                      - Home Alone
----------[MIDNIGHT]----------+--------------------------------------------------
02/14/2010 12:00am: AdultSwim  Fullmetal Alchemist            -
02/14/2010 12:30am: AdultSwim  Bleach                         - Episode 128
02/14/2010  1:00am: AdultSwim  Bleach                         - Episode 129
02/14/2010  1:30am: AdultSwim  Bleach                         - Episode 130
02/14/2010  2:00am: AdultSwim  Bleach                         - Episode 131
02/14/2010  2:30am: AdultSwim  Fooly Cooly                    - Fooly Cooly
02/14/2010  3:00am: AdultSwim  Cowboy Bebop                   - Jupiter Jazz -- Part 1
02/14/2010  3:30am: AdultSwim  Ghost In The Shell             - Yes
02/14/2010  4:00am: AdultSwim  Fullmetal Alchemist            -
02/14/2010  4:30am: AdultSwim  Big O                          - Twisted Memories
02/14/2010  5:00am: AdultSwim  Inuyasha                       - Sacred Vajra and the Mystery of the Living Buddha, The
02/14/2010  5:30am: AdultSwim  Inuyasha                       - Koga's Solitary Battle

Note: The show's listed title and id are not new, but that's likely just because they're too lazy to create a new entry for Brotherhood. They also haven't cared to enter episode titles yet.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 am Reply with quote
Well I guess we can all stop speculating now, the no episode title gives it away. I had no idea they had even dubbed the show already, sure was fast.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote
I dunno, I'm still not sold. I remember when we were supposed to get a new show once, in November, and we ended up getting "Perfect Hair Forever."

Give me a formal announcement and I'll cheer, but I can't shake the feeling this is a massive trolling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11