• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Loses Blood+ & Death Note, Hints at 3 New Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
It would be great if they got FMA: Brotherhood, seeing as even the re-runs of the first series still are being watched when they air.

Soul Eater seems like it wouldn't work on AS, to me it seems more of a Cartoon Network type show, or even Disney xd

Any way let's hope they made a deal with Funi to get some new shows rolling.

Seriously? Soul Eater would get BUTCHERED on Disney! It has fanservice, and Disney doesn't want kids to see fanservice unless it's Miley Cyrus or one of their other home grown teenage sl*ts!
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
Soul Eater seems like it wouldn't work on AS, to me it seems more of a Cartoon Network type show, or even Disney xd

Yeah, I agree that it wouldn't work on AS at least. FMAB and Inuyasha seem like sure bets though.

But they went to Tokyo for the rights. That means it could be a Geneon title as the rights for FMAB and InuYasha are in the US.

I'm betting on Black Lagoon, When They Cry, Fate/stay night.
Starks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
But they went to Tokyo for the rights. That means it could be a Geneon title as the rights for FMAB and InuYasha are in the US.

The last time they said went to Japan for new anime, all we got was Code Geass R2 and Moribito. Don't take the bump literally.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote
What about Hetalia? It could be a good mix of [as] "Comedy" and "Action" blocks (remember, anime is always considered "action" with the exception of the ill-fated Shinchan). It's short enough that 1 or 2 episodes of Hetalia can fit into a 15 minute slot.

I wish they *could* get DMC (it would appeal to those Metal fans), but it might have too many F-bombs, even for them (plus, it hasn't been lisenced or dubbed).

I agree (or hope) that FMA:B and Inuyasha:FA are shoe-ins. And yay! For more Boondocks and Venture Brothers! Smile
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

Yeah, I agree that it wouldn't work on AS at least. FMAB and Inuyasha seem like sure bets though.

I'm betting on Black Lagoon, When They Cry, Fate/stay night.

Yeah, I'm not putting too much stock in the Tokyo line. Of the three you mentioned though, the only one that seems AS-appropriate to me is Black Lagoon (which would be great, I think).

Splitter wrote:
I'll defy the Soul Eater groupthink though and say the third is most likely Xam'd.

Oh! Please be this! Very Happy

...Not a shot in hell, I think. Sad
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote
I was just thinking the other day about how [as] had nothing new to air now that Moribito finished its run and Bleach is taking a break so that they can dub more episodes.

[as] introduced me to a number of series that I consider among my favorites, so I'm looking forward to whatever they bring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
[quote="The King of Harts"]I'm surprised they never got the rights to something like Black Lagoon or Desert Punk. Those are two shows I'd imagine are perfect for that block and audience.[quote]

Even if the most extreme violence in Black Lagoon was tolerated, the language wouldn't be. It would have to be edited/censored a lot. Desert Punk is also an iffy pick, for the same reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote
I think it's obvious that they are gonna try FMA Brotherhood or Inuyasha first.

Now as soon as I saw a trailer for Soul Eater I imagined that would fit Adult Swim perfectly so I think that will be the third.

Dream third would be Eden of the East. They showed Kenji Kamiyama's other works already on there. Though I loved Moribito the ratings sucked for them and not sure how Eden would do. Can't wait to see that in general anyways.

It would be cool to see Black Lagoon but that dub would be butchered. Maybe even further cuts then that.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
Oh thank GOD. I haven't watched Adult Swim for months, just because they kept showing the same reruns over and over. Anime dazed

*crosses fingers for Soul Eater* The dub DVD is coming out next month...this could be a possibility. I've always thought SE would work perfectly on Adult Swim. Action, adventure, humor galore, fanservice everywhere...

When do the new shows take effect? Did they say when they were going to start broadcasting? Smile
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm gonna play it safe and say that FMA, Inuyasha and Soul Eater are high up.

Two safe picks that will pull in all the people who left AS because they stopped showing stuff they wanted and one new title to pull in fans who don't care about the afformentioned ones.

I'm leaning more towards FMA and Soul Eater though. I understand that Viz might have had time by now to get the Ocean Group cast together but at the same time, it hasn't been running for as long as the other two...

In addition, Funimation announced a while back that both FMA and Soul Eater were gonna be dub ready early this year. Money's on the maybe three meaning Inuyasha being the one up in the air.

But seriously, I've been dying for the FMA dub to get out already, if they air it on Adult Swim, that will be ever better.
Gecko Moria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
Its Soul Eater, FMA.BH and Inuyasha FA.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
I definitely agree with FMA: Brotherhood being possibly one of the three, and it would make a ton of sense. However, I'm not too sure on InuYasha: The Final Act. I mean, we haven't even heard anything on it even being dubbed yet, and I don't think AS will show subtitled-only episodes.

Soul Eater, or on a low-end guess Vampire Knight (this I seriously doubt would ever air on TV, but hey, for another guess at a title), are likely bets for other titles they may be showing. I don't know, but as long as they're interesting, then I'll keep my DVR recording them.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
So FMA Brotherhood and Inuyasha Final Act are inevitable at this point?

Well I hope the third title is something other than Soul Eater... Something more exciting!
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Even if the most extreme violence in Black Lagoon was tolerated, the language wouldn't be. It would have to be edited/censored a lot. Desert Punk is also an iffy pick, for the same reason.

But isn't AS anime block at the 12am/1am timeslot now? So that should be in safe harbor and they won't get in trouble for bad language. Like how SNL got away with their slip up and South Park in general at that time.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh yay.
Maybe this will convince me to watch AS again.

Just hope they don't air it in a ridiculous time-slot or something...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11