• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Updates Haruhi Suzumiya Site

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Dose this mean that the second season coming here I so hope they dub it unlike the lucky star ova
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Hope they give this one an awesome limited edition release. I want it to look pretty sitting next to my first season collection Cool
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Remember Bandai no dub no lub!!!! >_> After you guys get this make sure you get the Movie and put it out in theaters..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reibooi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Yes the Haruhi Dub was great and if they skimp on dubbing it then I will not be pleased. They would have to price it for dirt cheap if it didn't have a dub or I would not even consider getting it.

Getting the Lucky Star OVA with no dub was bad enough. I mean half the OVA is nearly impossible to follow while watching subs unless you pause every 5 seconds. The MMO segment along with the pet shop segment are almost impossible to follow and NEEDED to be dubbed. But they didn't do that for whatever reason.
Katane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote
If they're trying to say that they're going dub Suzumiya 2009 then they should just say so, The video I didn't get either. If the video had a hidden message then I must had missed it because I just found it to be completely pointless. The biggest news to me that's coming from Bandai is they're finally going to release the Eureka Seven movie on DVD in February or The Spring(at lease that's what the video said).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
'll buy it, but only if it's bilingual, since the dub was far better.

As to people with the Endless Hate, sure those episodes were repetitive, but there were more than just 8 episodes of the new season and they were great. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Kruszer on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
'll buy it, but only if it's bilingual, since the dub was far better.

As to people with the Endless Hate, there were more than just 8 episodes of the new season and they were great. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, and those 6 episodes should have been the only ones. But the point is that 8 is greater than 6. You have more Endless Eight than you do actual show.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Seeing spoiler[Mini-Haruhi, Shamisen the talking cat, the real Mikuru Beam, and Kyon finally telling Haruhi off for the way she was acting] more than made up for those though. Quality outweighs quantity. You can skip through, them on the DVDs if you don't like them, problem solved. The series isn't all bad like some seem to be saying, not as good as the original show but not a total rout either.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't take this if they paid ME to take it.

If I wanted to listen to an ear splitting dub and watch a string of episodes that are identical to each other I would start buying box sets of Bleach.

Haruhi season 2 was garbage. No getting away from it.
mabber36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
hahaha, oh wow. good job bandai. i will buy this because endless eight caused all kinds of entertainment for me, for all the wrong reasons.
The Shade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Wishful thinking mode:

If Bandai were to offer a 2 disc set of Haruhi Season 2 with Eps 1, 2, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 (Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless 8 Part 1, Endless 8 Part 8, and all 5 parts of Sighs) and totally skip Eps 2-8 (Endless 8 parts 2 to 7), I would buy that set. It would be cheaper and I would have what I want without having to pay for something I don't want or need.

Oh well, it is wishful thinking and I give it a 0.000001% chance of Bandai doing this.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Interesting that Bandai would use the infamous endless eight to advertise the second season of Haruhi when its the reason why its generally hated.
Kenichi Bokushi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
15,498 eights.

I see what you did there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Anyone care? No? Thought not.
It pained me watching them for free with fansubs and no way in hell I'd ever consider buying the DVD's, dub or no dub.
My advice to Bandai; pretend this "second season" didn't happen and just license the movie.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Seeing spoiler[Mini-Haruhi, Shamisen the talking cat, the real Mikuru Beam, and Kyon finally telling Haruhi off for the way she was acting] more than made up for those though. Quality outweighs quantity. You can skip through, them on the DVDs if you don't like them, problem solved. The series isn't all bad like some seem to be saying, not as good as the original show but not a total rout either.

I'm sure many people don't want to actually pay for those episodes. I thought Haruhi sans EE was pretty decent, but taken as a whole, it's pretty awful.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6