• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any artists that take requests?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfang

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I have an original character that I would love to see drawn. Unfortunately I am no so talented as to make a nice looking picture of him. I thought it might be fun and challenging to someone who is so inclined. Let me know! Peace.
Innotech

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:24 am Reply with quote
I've drawn a few OCs for people before. Ill give it a shot i you'd like.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote
drawing is like a muscle. all you have to do is practice.
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Thats true to an extent but some people will never be good. You either have a talent for drawing or you don't.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:11 pm Reply with quote
SkullKnight wrote:
drawing is like a muscle. all you have to do is practice.

I used to think that, but recently when I've got into more art classes I found out that this is actually not the case. Talent plays a part in art.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr Mania wrote:
Thats true to an extent but some people will never be good. You either have a talent for drawing or you don't.

I guess in a remote way, that's moderately true. But no one can really ever know for sure if they have a talent or not.

In the main aspect, I don't think it's really that true. I always wanted to learn to draw well, but I was never initally talented. I was a really terrible drawer for years on end, and I thought I would never get good. However, I later saw artist sites where artists compared their work from years ago to their present work. People REALLY can improve. I thought I would never become good, but after the right influences and people came into my life, i started improving. I'm not saying I'm great or anything, but I can say that I have become much more "good" since my child days.

Never believe that you'll never become good. The only people who never will be good are those who give up and lack the motivation. There may be people who never will become good, but no one will ever know till they're dead. Ne?

I know it sounds cheesy, but don't believe that you'll never achieve your goal. I think Chuck Jones said something like "You'll go through 10,000 bad sketches before you get to one good one" (not an exact quote =P). If you have the determination, you're already over halfway there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Innotech

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quote
My current level of anime drawing is based on only a years worth of practice. I went from treelike stick figure people to fully fleshed out characters in various poses with clothing and detail after a year of practicing and observing anime. Yes it can be done with determination and al ittle bit of artistic knowledge such as perspective and proportion.
Wolfang

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:14 am Reply with quote
Well don't worry about me. I'm definately not going to stop trying. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1