• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
I like this week's episode allot. There was allot of pluses here. Great visual effects, we got to see some new character development with C2 and others, and there were some big steps taken in the story. Now see, if every episode was like this one I would consider Code Geass to be a Masterpiece. I'm hoping the episodes start to be more like this one from now on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:55 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I liked this episode too. Lots of information and not one, but two cliffhangers! Wink

Seriously, CC's past is interesting, and just a bit heartbreaking as well. Suzaku, even though he didn't go as far as he could have, still has a long way to go to redeem himself.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:15 am Reply with quote
I think it's ironic to see him have a internal battle of morals when spoiler[He has just become one big ball of blind revenge.] But I like to watch this, it gives him a some what interesting characteristic. The first season I thought he was a really boring and annoying character but now that he has turned into a bit of a jerk, I find him more entertaining to watch. I'm looking forward to more from him.

And I also think CC's past is interesting. I hope they go deeper into it again. Also, I'm very interested to see what will happen now spoiler[that CC has lost her memories.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
Everything that happened on this past episode shed some light on a few things for me. CC's past was very interesting and I'll also agree to hoping that they'll delve deeper into it at some point.

On a side note I know this will probably tick off a few people but I looked ahead on the adultswim.com schedule last night for no particular reason and it resulted in some good news and some bad news. Good news being, starting next week (Saturday March 14th) We get doubled up on episodes of Bleach and Code Geass. Bad news, Code Geass starts over again from the beginning of season 2. And since I'm not sure if its good or bad news, Star Wars: The Clone Wars joins the block at midnight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
And since I'm not sure if its good or bad news, Star Wars: The Clone Wars joins the block at midnight.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, atrocious narration and all, then I would say it's bad news.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
Everything that happened on this past episode shed some light on a few things for me. CC's past was very interesting and I'll also agree to hoping that they'll delve deeper into it at some point.

On a side note I know this will probably tick off a few people but I looked ahead on the adultswim.com schedule last night for no particular reason and it resulted in some good news and some bad news. Good news being, starting next week (Saturday March 14th) We get doubled up on episodes of Bleach and Code Geass. Bad news, Code Geass starts over again from the beginning of season 2. And since I'm not sure if its good or bad news, Star Wars: The Clone Wars joins the block at midnight.

Loki the scheduler strikes again! Any bets on how long they'll be changing things randomly? I'm thinking 10 weeks or so...
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, and it looks like they are re-running Bleach 104 too. Unless it's a typo.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Hmm, and it looks like they are re-running Bleach 104 too. Unless it's a typo.

The new schedule has Bleach re-running the previous week's episode at 12:30 Eastern, with the new episode continuing to premiere as usual at 1:00. This will be followed up by two Geass repeats. Given how recently the show ended in Japan, I'd assume that this most recent restart has to do with some sort of delay in getting the remaining episodes completely dubbed.
freezespell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
According to this schedule it has Code Geass running as scheduled unless they update it within the next week. If this schedule is correct, then I'm projecting that the finale will air on May 16. If not then I really don't know when it will air. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Rolling Eyes

As far as what happened, great episode. I don't think Suzaku would have been able to live with himself if he spoiler["stooped to Lelouch's level".] The rest of the developments in the episode were also good. It makes me want to hope that I won't have to wait almost two whole months for the next episode.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:
According to this schedule it has Code Geass running as scheduled unless they update it within the next week. If this schedule is correct, then I'm projecting that the finale will air on May 16. If not then I really don't know when it will air. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Rolling Eyes

That schedule is never nearly as up-to-date as other sources, as it's a static paper layout that's posted many weeks before most of its content will air. The Flash schedule applet on the [as] front page is generally completely accurate.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
generally completely accurate.

Sorry, this just made me laugh.

(It's either one or the other)On top of that, this is AS we are talking about.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or did anyone else feel like they had missed an episode last week. It just felt like there were things going on, and out of nowhere Lelouch was like "hey let's drop everything and raid the Geass order"...and 10 seconds later they're there. I dunno, the whole situation just seemed rushed to me. I got reminded of the "WTF" feeling I had at the start of this season. But, last night's episode was great. C2 has always been the most intriguing character to me, so I was glad to finally see her past. When Lelouch said he knew her true wish, I kinda thought it might be to be truly loved instead of dying, since with her Geass no one's love was genuine, and even the one person she did trust was only using her.
The explanation of the Geass contract was pretty cool too. Also, were they suggesting there being multiple universes?? Making room for spinoffs, Sunrise??
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
generally completely accurate.

Sorry, this just made me laugh.

(It's either one or the other)On top of that, this is AS we are talking about.

In general, any given day on the seven-day Flash schedule will be completely accurate, barring any technical glitches. That better for you? Razz

(And yes, I know it's [as], but this schedule is fed right from the master CN programming list, and its lead time is short enough that it always accounts for any and all random changes before they air. In fact, a mostly-dead page that contains an expanded version of said master schedule is where most people find out about said random changes.)
Skylark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 am Reply with quote
I know this is an adult swim thread but I thought this was interesting; Code Geass is being aired on ABC2 here in Australia (one of the channels brought into existence with the advent of HD). I just found this unusual because anime is virtually never aired here apart from the occasional Miyazaki film. It's on at 9:30 pm but yeah, I just thought it was a good sign that something as popular and renowned in the anime world would actually make it onto free TV here in Australia.

I only noticed it because I was flicking through the channels in an ad break and saw it; I didn't recognise it at first because of the dub, but yeah; I thought it was pretty cool. I still hate dubs though Sad
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Is it just me, or did anyone else feel like they had missed an episode last week. It just felt like there were things going on, and out of nowhere Lelouch was like "hey let's drop everything and raid the Geass order"...and 10 seconds later they're there. I dunno, the whole situation just seemed rushed to me. I got reminded of the "WTF" feeling I had at the start of this season.

Since no one else here has mentioned it I'm going to say nope, no skipping. It's been a little while since I saw CG but I remember that they dropped the whole Geass Order thing out of nowhere. It might have been hinted at in the first season, but I believe the general consensus was that a flashback scene or an actual scene that would have led up to this got cut. The whole Geass Order thing didn't make a lot of sense at all. Well, the idea did, just didn't pan out in an intelligent way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 51 of 60