• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist Website

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goshin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:08 am Reply with quote
Well, there’s no real reason to start a new thread. So... I thought I’d share some information from ACEN. (I’m currently attending)

Full Metal Alchemist will be on Adult Swim this coming October. This was officially announced at their panel.

Also, just to let you know…the VA for Ed has already been filled. But they did not mention who exactly play’s the role. According to them, we could come up with a logical guess by watching the trailer's.

I don’t want to get off topic here, but, Lance had stated, that FUNimation will be at 17 more convention’s this year, and they have a few surprises in store for the future, which really didn’t surprise anyone. However, he did state that 4kids had a big announcement this year, and he announced this after he was asked a question about 4kids editing procedures. Hmm…sounds interesting. Again, this (part) is all speculation(mainly because he didn't reveal too much), and nothing is set in stone, but it’s kind of intriguing.

You can also look forward to a big giant 8 ft. Alphonse Elric display at future cons. It will be propped up at their FUNimation booth and fans would be able to take a picture with the monstrosity.

If this information was readily available or known, then forgive me for stating the obvious. Cool
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:29 am Reply with quote
Well, this gives me a great deal of hope in knowing that the edits will be little to none now. Smile

Now if they can get a solid dub cast together, they should have a full working hit on their hands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:34 am Reply with quote
Oh god, all that announcement did is make me VERY SCARED in what the big announcement of 4Kids will be. Anime cry Very scared. Hopefully it's something... good... like uncut versions of some shows...
100%Lickable

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention that the main objection for a trailor is to create anticepation and not to give away a part of the story. The second trailor does not fullfil this criteria. It seems a shame that they gave away the story of the brothers resurrecting their mother because the viewers shouldn't know that til later on in the episodes.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
100%Lickable wrote:
I just wanted to mention that the main objection for a trailor is to create anticepation and not to give away a part of the story. The second trailor does not fullfil this criteria. It seems a shame that they gave away the story of the brothers resurrecting their mother because the viewers shouldn't know that til later on in the episodes.

Actually, that information is given out in the first five minutes of the first episode. It's further elaborated and explained in episode two. Hardly a spoiler. It's just basic background info.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Oh god, all that announcement did is make me VERY SCARED in what the big announcement of 4Kids will be. Anime cry Very scared. Hopefully it's something... good... like uncut versions of some shows...

It means Techi and Kiddy Grade are coming to FOXBox!! Run away! Twisted Evil

Nah, I'm sure they're hinting at unedited versions of some of 4Kids' shows like Ultimate Muscle and Shaman King (and maybe Yugioh, but I wouldn't count on Pokemon). This is the second time they've made a comment like that too.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the "big 4Kids" announcement is that Mew Mew is moving back to Tokyo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Moving back to Tokyo would certainly appease a number of fans out there, but unless they decide they will also do subbed releases, I don't think it will do much to soothe over the people who were first disgruntled about the annoucement.

Now we just need to sit back and see what they will announce.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
100%Lickable

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:23 am Reply with quote
Well the trailors do the anime no justice. Or probably I am a little disappointed that it's going to be dubbed and cannot accept anything of that sort right now.
R.G.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:18 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:

Ah, Paku Romi... so hard to replace. She's easily become one of my favorite voice actresses with her roles in MaLoki Ragnarok and FMA. I really think they should cast a girl for Ed's voice, one that can manage to still pass as a guy, and keep the pitches. The most disspointing thing I have with American dubs is when they dub a guy for a role a girl original voiced, and the guy makes it sound so much different.

Excuse me,but if the character is supposed to be male,shouldn't the VA be male as well?

I mean,it was rather jarring hearing DBZ' grown up Goku sound as if he were on helium in the original japanese version.(I saw a clip from the days before FUNImation got ahold of the DB license).
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:53 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Excuse me,but if the character is supposed to be male,shouldn't the VA be male as well?

Not necessarily. Several young male characters are voiced by female voice actresses both here (Bart Simpson) and in Japan (Shinji Ikari). With Son Gokuu, the series followed his life in such a way that there wasn't much of a chance to properly transition to an older-sounding, more masculine voice, so they just stuck with the same voice actress and (if you ask me, anyway) it worked out fine. Once you consider how Gokuu basically remains a pure-hearted, innocent character, the voice kinda works for that personality, really.

R.G. wrote:
(I saw a clip from the days before FUNImation got ahold of the DB license).

FUNi does offer all three Dragon Ball series uncut & subtitled, y'know. You can just as easily pick up a region 1 FUNi release and hear the Japanese voice, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:20 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:

I mean,it was rather jarring hearing DBZ' grown up Goku sound as if he were on helium in the original japanese version.(I saw a clip from the days before FUNImation got ahold of the DB license).

Because I have yet to see an American male voice actor sound like he hasn't hit puberty yet, and I really would rather not see them bring in little kids with no acting experience to voice the roles. The original character had so much life and energy in his voice, and to waste it away on a dull, guy voice that can't reach to angry pitches would be a shame. Here's some more characters in anime that have been voiced by a girl that are guy roles.

Heimdall from MaLoki, Loki from MaLoki, Al from FMA, Yue from CCS, Akito from Kodocha, Naruto, and lots more. Chances are if it's a young teen/boy voice, it's originally voiced by a girl cause girls just do an awesome job at it.

And like Nagisa said, it's worked fine here before. Ash from Pokemon is voiced by a girl.

I swear, if they don't cast a girl for Naruto when they dub it, I will not be able to stand the Naruto dub. x_X
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3