• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The real problem with williams st original stuff

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyinalamborghini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:22 am Reply with quote
I'm not saying that ATHF and robot chicken aren't funny thank you generation that brought us extreme razor scooter and limp bizkit. But you can't build a fan base with cowboy bebop and then go now your gonna watch ATHF. I'm sorry but it's not as good and if you try to tell me it is I'll hold you down while zac rapes you with a big black light saber. You could argue the boondocks is better for that matter. I mean you guys want a 15 min comedy show I got a video of me rubbin my junk on all my roomates stuff while he's at work not that funny. well I got a video of him watching the video of me rubbin my junk all on his stuff it's hilarious. They need to hit the 18-34 yr old male demographic and blood+ is for 14 goth losers I'm a 23 yr old loser and trust me we stay up later. They should be airing uncut episodes of gantz and elfen lied not perfect shows but hit the demographic on the head. I remember when there was no adultswim and you know what they need to listen people like me cause there just one tim and eric awesome show away from not having any viewers. It makes me wonder if a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings that got me watching anime turned into a bunch of 40 and 50 yr olds that wouldn't know cool if it hit em in the dick. My point is I don't care if it's anime or not the overall quality of thier shows can't stack up with the almost all of the anime they've shown no one complains about family guy metalocalypse or anything else they make thats good even perfect hair for ever was so bad it was good who wants to chopper duel. People want to watch good shows.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quote
I don't know how Zac would feel about you committing him to rape related plans without his permission.
monkeyinalamborghini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 am Reply with quote
only person I could think of with a light saber.
monkeyinalamborghini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote
AND I didn't commit zac to anything if he has other plans I can take a rain check. But it's sad that I can't make a point (A lack of quality in programming animated or otherwise) and be funny at the same time because of people like you. If you stare at the finger you'll miss all the heavenly glory. If I get banned for having a sense of humor so be it and I could see how some people could be really offended by what I say (show me on the doll where answerman touched you) and I would apologize.

But I'm not the one nationaly broadcasting saul of the mole men so chill out.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote
wow zany times

you shouldnt write teh animes
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
At 23, I think you should learn to write. It helps get your point across, especially here on the Internet.

monkeyinalamborghini wrote:
But you can't build a fan base with cowboy bebop and then go now your gonna watch ATHF. I'm sorry but it's not as good and if you try to tell me it is I'll hold you down while zac rapes you with a big black light saber.

Actually, yes, you can. They're completely different shows and, in my opinion, all they have in common is their mediocrity. I've seen CowBe all the way through once but there are a couple episodes that are fantastic. Likewise, most of ATHF I don't find all that great, except for the characters of Carl and Shake.

You could argue the boondocks is better for that matter.

A Boondocks is fine, too. Again, different show compared to CowBe, but not really a bad show all together.

I mean you guys want a 15 min comedy show I got a video of me rubbin my junk on all my roomates stuff while he's at work not that funny. well I got a video of him watching the video of me rubbin my junk all on his stuff it's hilarious.

Not particularly. I think that being the shows entire premise is a little below the target 18-34 demographic.

They need to hit the 18-34 yr old male demographic and blood+ is for 14 goth losers I'm a 23 yr old loser and trust me we stay up later. They should be airing uncut episodes of gantz and elfen lied not perfect shows but hit the demographic on the head.

Not sure what magazine Blood+ ran in; but it's very possible you're right. My personal feelings aside about your ideas of replacements, everyone is taking this in the wrong direction - stop comparing one anime to another but start looking at what's replacing anime on the schedule. Re-runs of Futurama and Family Guy are beating anime, most of [as]'s most popular original programming are all comedies - maybe they should be playing more comedies? And, like the Shin-chan dub, make them a little more accessible?

I remember when there was no adultswim and you know what they need to listen people like me cause there just one tim and eric awesome show away from not having any viewers.

I remember life before [as], too. Remember Anime Summer? Remember CN playing Vampire Hunter D and Twilight of the Cockroaches (in all their Streamline glory) in the wee hours of the morning? If not, get off my lawn. Laughing

[quote="monkeyinalamborghini"It makes me wonder if a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings that got me watching anime turned into a bunch of 40 and 50 yr olds that wouldn't know cool if it hit em in the dick.[/quote]

Nah, the 18-34s are speaking with their viewership; the 40-50s are making sound business decisions.

monkeyinalmborghini wrote:
My point is I don't care if it's anime or not the overall quality of thier shows can't stack up with the almost all of the anime they've shown no one complains about family guy metalocalypse or anything else they make thats good even perfect hair for ever was so bad it was good who wants to chopper duel. People want to watch good shows.

Again, learn to write. I can barely make out what your argument is.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
And this thread has...what to do with anime in general? Or is it just another excuse for someone else around here to mindlessly bash Adult Swim's original series? Believe it or else, there are many of us out there who consider ourselves both anime fans and Williams Street originals aficionados.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
And this thread has...what to do with anime in general?

I won't be able to form an opinion until someone translates the OP into English.
Labbes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
ATHF and Robot chicken are funny, but it is stupid to build fanbase with Cowboy Bebop and then show stuff like ATHF - CB is way better. No discussion here.
Some might say Boondocks is better, but there are funnier things than this 15min comedy show, even I have recorded such things.
Really, there is nothing for the 18-34 male demographic, I mean Blood+ is for pubertary goth losers (I'm 23).
They should be airing Elfen Lied and Gantz uncut - not that these two shows are perfect, but they hit the 18-34 demographic.
When there was no [as], people would have to listen to other people, and I wonder if the people who grew up without adult swim are now unable to differentiate cool from uncool.
I don't care if it's anime or not, the overall quality of their shows does not reach the level of most anime they aired.
Nobody complains about family guy, metalocalypse or (I didn't understand the rest, but don't think it matters)
People want to watch good shows.

That's basically what he says.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote
There's no point in bashing [as] and their original series here; it won't change the situation, and I see no discussion outside of the generic "Anime > [as] comedies" line.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1