• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Himitsu - Top Secret Season 0 Live-Action Series Confirmed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2024 6:40 am Reply with quote
It's not Season 0 (the sequel), it's Top Secret (the original series). The announcement just came with the latest chapter of Season 0 in Melody. Comic Natalie have already amended their news article:
Quote:
※記事初出時、ドラマ化タイトルを「秘密 season0」と記載しておりましたが、「秘密―トップ・シークレット―」の誤りでした。お詫びして訂正いたします。

(That's probably why this news is posted again, they re-posted the article due to the amendment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Anyway, I can only repeat myself that Himitsu is an amazingly great manga that really deserves more attention, but it has an absolute terrible history with adaptations (anime - sucked, movie - sucked, both on their own right and as adaptations). And considering how Japanese TV dramas have a tendency to use their source materials as just a grab-bag of names and basic concepts, and are prone to apply egregious changes that go completely against the source materials' characterization, story, message, etc... yeah, my expectations are really really low.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2024 11:47 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Anyway, I can only repeat myself that Himitsu is an amazingly great manga that really deserves more attention,

Since the Agency for Cultural Affairs gave an award to Himitsu and also Hagio Moto praised Himitsu, I was under the impression that Himitsu has already gained recognition so-so, but, on second thought, I suppose that probably you have talked about whether Himitsu is recognised by fans of manga, writers on manga, publishing firms and the like in the Anglosphere (and maybe Közép-Európa).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1