• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konami Announces Edens Zero Action RPG for Consoles, PC in 2025

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:19 pm Reply with quote
it has been over 4 years of silence on this game. i am curious because gravity rush meets Hiro Mashima sure why not
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but did anyone ask for this game to be rated E10+? For a series that contains all the violence, nudity, dark storylines, etc. presented in the manga, why would anyone who spent years developing this game want to think that having an E10+ rating is a good idea? It makes no sense whether one is Edens Zero fan or not. If one is looking for a full-fledged experience for a video game based on the manga targeted towards older teens and adults, having an E10+ rating will not do any good whatsoever.
lealex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:36 pm Reply with quote
LucyFan998 wrote:
I'm sorry, but did anyone ask for this game to be rated E10+? For a series that contains all the violence, nudity, dark storylines, etc. presented in the manga, why would anyone who spent years developing this game want to think that having an E10+ rating is a good idea? It makes no sense whether one is Edens Zero fan or not. If one is looking for a full-fledged experience for a video game based on the manga targeted towards older teens and adults, having an E10+ rating will not do any good whatsoever.

The manga runs in Weekly Shonen Magazine. "Shonen" stands for young teens and preteens, so that's the target audience. And yes, I have read Chapters 82 and 83. I was there when they came out. They were quite possibly the most brutal chapters Mashima had drawn in a long time. Japan just has different standards about these sorts of things.

Anyway, the game seems to be taking cues from Pocket Galaxy, which greatly limited the on-screen violence from what I've played. I personally never got to the part where the game reached those three chapters; the level curve was just too absurdly high after the initial story. But E10+ definitely fits what Pocket Galaxy went for.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I totally forgot they were making a console game. Looks like a fun action RPG.

Also looks like they're adapting up to the Drakken Joe arc for sure.

(I know the manga is over but I hope the anime continues at some point...)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I totally forgot they were making a console game. Looks like a fun action RPG.

Also looks like they're adapting up to the Drakken Joe arc for sure.

(I know the manga is over but I hope the anime continues at some point...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1