• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metaphor: ReFantazio Game Surpasses 1 Million Copies Worldwide

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:10 am Reply with quote
LOOOOL at all the people who said this was going to be a bomb lmao Laughing
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:02 pm Reply with quote
D.E.D.E wrote:

I admit, I had my doubts that Metaphor would sell well, especially after SEGA claimed that Soul Hackers 2 didn't sell to their expectations, but Metaphor had much more better reviews than SH2, so I think this could become the third pillar Atlus wanted alongsinde Shin Megami Tensei and Persona. Still, we have to remember that most JRPGs initial sales, except for Pokémon, are quite frontloaded, mainly driven by hardcore players and don't tend to have good legs, but perhaps the good word of mouth will help the game, it's just that SEGA and Atlus haven't updated the sales for Persona 3 Reload and I don't think P3R has sold more compared to what Final Fantasy VII Rebirth has sold, but Atlus' games costs less to develop compared to Square-Enix's, so there's that. I'm also interested to see how Metaphor will perform in Japan.
animaters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
D.E.D.E wrote:

I admit, I had my doubts that Metaphor would sell well, especially after SEGA claimed that Soul Hackers 2 didn't sell to their expectations, but Metaphor had much more better reviews than SH2, so I think this could become the third pillar Atlus wanted alongsinde Shin Megami Tensei and Persona. Still, we have to remember that most JRPGs initial sales, except for Pokémon, are quite frontloaded, mainly driven by hardcore players and don't tend to have good legs, but perhaps the good word of mouth will help the game, it's just that SEGA and Atlus haven't updated the sales for Persona 3 Reload and I don't think P3R has sold more compared to what Final Fantasy VII Rebirth has sold, but Atlus' games costs less to develop compared to Square-Enix's, so there's that. I'm also interested to see how Metaphor will perform in Japan.

next goal, 2 million
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1