• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mission: Yozakura Family Anime Gets 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:14 am Reply with quote
Great news, the show started off weak but later on it was one of the shows I was most looking forward to watch every week.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:38 am Reply with quote
Is the show actually more popular than (I) expected, or does the manga enjoy considerable boost in sales thanks to it? Anyway, good news.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:42 am Reply with quote
Nice, there are some characters I'm looking forward to seeing in the anime and the Silver rank arc, if they keep the same pace for S2 it will stop just before the spoiler[the 5 years break.]
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:16 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Is the show actually more popular than (I) expected, or does the manga enjoy considerable boost in sales thanks to it? Anyway, good news.
Well, it maybe not pull a big numbers (and the show had zero affection to the manga sales either, it's still painfully small), but seems like it's pretty enough to pull for the TBS late evening shonen show with the ratings - let alone Shueisha currently not have that much choice to begin with.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:50 am Reply with quote
I just find it kind of weird that this show, despite its... adequate production value and "okay-ish" reception like you said, gets 2nd season announcement earlier than its fellow WSJ fellow, The Elusive Samurai.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:27 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
I just find it kind of weird that this show, despite its... adequate production value and "okay-ish" reception like you said, gets 2nd season announcement earlier than its fellow WSJ fellow, The Elusive Samurai.
The Elusive Samurai production have way more trouble to announce any sooner because it overlaps with other high profile CloverWorks/Aniplex projects with it's production, and now they have their hands busy.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:49 am Reply with quote
I initially was thinking of skipping this show as I isn’t want another Spy x Family clone that I wouldn’t enjoy. But this one turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I look forward to seeing season two!
bassgs435

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:33 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:
The Elusive Samurai production have way more trouble to announce any sooner because it overlaps with other high profile CloverWorks/Aniplex projects with it's production, and now they have their hands busy.

Is not like Silver Link is free: Sasaki and Peeps S2, Kimisen S2 after they cancelled the spring airing, Princession Orchestra. Any Prisma movie or project they may be working on
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:06 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:

Speak of the devil. TES 2nd season is just announced.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:23 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Speak of the devil. TES 2nd season is just announced.
Poor Umehara is now suffering from success even harder Laughing
FanGamer24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:08 am Reply with quote
This is great news, haven't caught up since Disney+ Canada is 3 episodes behind for some reason but I've really enjoyed the manga and felt this is a series that really does better in later chapters compared to early on.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I honestly didn’t think this would get a second season. Hopefully the production gets better.
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. This is only the beginning. We're just getting started, Taiyo, Mutsumi.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm both surprised and elated this is getting a second season! I thought season 1 was a great adaption despite okay to average production values (but when they cooked, they cooked and they still added a lot to the material).

Probably too much to hope that Silver Link won't be as bombarded as ever come time to produce the second season...
OrangeRafi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:22 pm Reply with quote
This was a surpise considering how Disney promoted this anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1