• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Exclusive: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Naruto Crossover Comic's Issue #1 Unveils 6 Preview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjk9000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The setting of this story still confuses me. I guess we're just going to pretend modern-day New York and Hidden Leaf Village somehow co-exist on the same planet?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:48 pm Reply with quote
sjk9000 wrote:
The setting of this story still confuses me. I guess we're just going to pretend modern-day New York and Hidden Leaf Village somehow co-exist on the same planet?

I mean why not?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:52 pm Reply with quote
sjk9000 wrote:

It would explain all the random modern technology.
FanGamer24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:37 pm Reply with quote
sjk9000 wrote:

No reason not to. The world outside of the ninja world has always been loosely defined, it could easily exist in any era.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

It would explain all the random modern technology.

I never got into Naruto but I assume the Naruto version of Japan is similar to Japan in Ranma 1/2 where the cities are modern but going anywhere outside the cities is like going back in time at least a century (but you can still bring modern tech from the cities into the feudal-seeming villages)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:57 pm Reply with quote
sjk9000 wrote:

Sounds like you never read Superman vs The Amazing Spider-Man where both Superman and Spider-man appeared in the same universe together, there's no mention of Earth-1 nor Earth-616 in that particular crossover nor any explanation how both of them appeared in the same universe without any infinite earth multiverse theory. In that story, spoiler[Lex Luthor seem to Doc Octopus despite DC and Marvel Universe are separate universe]. I can applied the same thing to Batman vs TMNT where the Turtles appeared in Gotham City without any explanation despite TMNT and DC Universe are seperate.

So, just read and treat the TMNT/Naruto crossover like the same way the Spiderman/Superman crossover worked. Hell, I mentioned back in my previous thread that Star Trek crossed over with X-men, and Green Lantern. That crossover didn't make any sense, and yet it still worked despite the setting and the plausibility. So just ignore the inconsistent setting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:32 am Reply with quote
Well,this looks interesting. So far,I like what I see and I hope this comes out soon. I think I'm going to enjoy it.
light turner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:48 am Reply with quote
sjk9000 wrote:

It's a silly crossover so I don't think you're meant to think that hard about why the Ninja Turtles and Naruto are friends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1