• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mayonaka Punch (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Mayonaka Punch (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 1 volumes, written by Dōga Tōkō Shōjo, illustrated by Tomomi Usui)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: P.A. Works

Genres: comedy, supernatural

Themes: social media, vampires

Plot Summary: Masaki is a member of the NewTuber group "Harakiri Sisters," who gets fired because of a certain incident. Aiming for a comeback, Masaki meets Live. The two girls have different goals, but together, they make a high-tension comeback and aim to reach 1 million subscribers on NewTube.

Air Date & Platform:
July 8, 2024 (Monday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes

Last edited by Tony K. on Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:22 pm Reply with quote
This week's episode, episode 4 address these non humans that live longer than humans case, more clearly and to the point than the entire Frieren series did as a whole and that is that series main point. This more of the side issue in this series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

I was thinking the show was suddenly getting a lot more serious in the second to last episode, a bunch of hunters out to stop them all, and it hit me when the hunter vampire was on the roof of the car. For a show about a YouTube channel that does pretty much everything, Masaki mentioning all her ideas for the last month, there was particular genre of video that had been left out. A prank. They are doing a prank video to show how good of a friend she is, and may have gotten some outside help where they can play off all the vampire stuff as part of the prank.

Actually kind of deflated everything when I made the realisation after car chase. And a little surprised that it didn't tip its hand too much when Masaki was noticing all the cameras that were put up in the hospital, because they are there to catch her reactions.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I guess it is good to not feel crazy.

But a bit of a surprise was the Mother actually seems fond of Masaki, being aware that her and Live did have a connection.

I enjoyed the show, the social media element being a fun part, actually being one of two show featuring content brained YouTubers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1