• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Leonardo Leads, Donatello Does Machines

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:22 am Reply with quote
Raphael is cool, but (c)rude...! Michelangelo is a party dude...!
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Tunod Denrub wrote:
you cannot summon someone as a Servant in a time period before they have died.
That's wrong. Just look at Fate/Strange Fake. Or FGO Orleans, which has two Gilles. Let alone Fate/Stay Night.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:51 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:

The first thing that came to mind when I heard about Project Leonardo was Microsoft's own Xbox Adaptive Controller. Anyone remember that? Yeah, didn't think so. Leonardo looks to be all of that, but with some out-of-the-box usability that the Xbox's tentacled monstrosity was sorely lacking.

The disabled finds the Xbox Adaptive Controller very usable. The point of the XAC is that it's customizable to whatever disability needs it to be. People have different disabilities, so it's up to them how to personalize it for their own particular circumstances.

(If you're looking at it from the point of view of a modular controller for an abled person, it's not made for that. It's for disabled people - some with no hands, can't move their fingers, no arms so they have to use their feet, etc.)

(Yes, she's using her feet)
wolf10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:23 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
(If you're looking at it from the point of view of a modular controller for an abled person, it's not made for that. It's for disabled people - some with no hands, can't move their fingers, no arms so they have to use their feet, etc.)
I'm looking at it from the perspective of someone who works in accessibility. The keyword you missed is "out-of-the-box:" the XAC works, but as glorified physical computing hookup, with its peripherals all sold separately (and no links to buy on the Microsoft Store). Leonardo works on its own in addition to being extendable in the same way, which is a definite improvement.

(I also meant "tentacled monstrosity" as a term of endearment, if that wasn't clear, though I'd hate to see what a cat would do to all those cables.)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:35 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

I'm looking at it from the perspective of someone who works in accessibility. The keyword you missed is "out-of-the-box:" the XAC works, but as glorified physical computing hookup, with its peripherals all sold separately (and no links to buy on the Microsoft Store). Leonardo works on its own in addition to being extendable in the same way, which is a definite improvement.

Ok, now I understand what ya meant
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2