• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix's Resident Evil Live-Action Series' Trailer Shows New Raccoon City, London Settings

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Milla Jovovich may not be in it, but I am interested any way. Especially with the Raccon City segment. Giving off a nice 'Helix' vibe.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:44 pm Reply with quote
So it's more a story set in the Resident Evil universe, than a Resident Evil story?
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I actually feel bad for Resident Evil fans. I don't know a lot about the series completely because I have a fear of zombies, but I feel like if any video game fandom gets burned by adaptions the most it's probably them.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:06 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So it's more a story set in the Resident Evil universe, than a Resident Evil story?

No, it's a story that uses the Resident Evil Name but has nothing to do with it. It is its own thing but pretends to be set in the universe
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, can it possibly be any worse than the movie that came out last year?

...can it? I haven't seen it yet what with quarantine and money and just not enough fucks given.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:16 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Well, can it possibly be any worse than the movie that came out last year?

...can it? I haven't seen it yet what with quarantine and money and just not enough fucks given.

The trailer didn't use a serious version of "What's Up" (HEYAYAYA), so that's a plus.

Still, this could easily be a 28 Days Later show if it wasn't for the presence of the Umbrella logo and the name Raccoon City.
sonryu

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 12:06 pm Reply with quote
My motto for anything that's a Netflix Original has been "I'll give it a try while having no expectations".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:29 am Reply with quote
The outline leaked in late 2020. The full plot of the pilot last year. Every plot beat, the zombies being called Zeroes and even the worms were in the 2 clips. One of the worst ever game adaptations is upon us. I will check out the pilot for 10 to 15 minutes to have some sort of context for how this trash plays on the screen to get context for the endless takedowns to follow but that is it.
Here is the question. What has a worse leaked pilot script? This or CW´s Powerful Girl? The first draft of the script summarized: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/One_(draft_script)

Imagine if "Dickface" the zombie made it into the shooting script. Just imagine! The most infamous part:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FODsdZwXwAUNLe3?format=png&name=900x900
One of Wesker´s daugters is a furry!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1