• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2022 Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadoldguy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:27 am Reply with quote
I love the Mob manga and light novels and am here to answer questions:

1. Why not watch YouTube? spoiler[ Getting a full harem ending means that the voice actors will send you a congratulations voice mail using your full name! And yes, she is that spoiled! ]
2. Why do women have all the power? spoiler[ The kingdom had a large section rebel and to prevent new rebellions they make all of non administrative noble families too broke to rebel with high taxes and spoiled noble women spending all of their money in the capital. Gee, I wonder how loyal these nobles are to the kingdom? ]
3. spoiler[ Is Mob the only reincarnator? No, his sister is in this world too and has decided to become the main character and thus mess everything up far worse than Mob does. Starting with episode two this narrative becomes Mob cleaning up his sister's messes. ]
4. Why such a strange otome game? spoiler[ The game developer originally made mech games and this is their first (of three, hint hint) otome games. ]
5. The terrible secret? spoiler[ His mother found the yaoi stuff his sister owned that she hide in his old room and would not confess that they were hers unless he did what she asked. ]
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:42 am Reply with quote
to.mobuseka watchers, don't read sadoldguys spoilers if you plan to watch it, some of them are on 3 material. if you plan to drop, go ahead.

it's hard to defend the anime, because the anime itself looks like a 7 out of 10 adaptation, so unless they track back to what they already skipped that's the impression it gives,, but the novel plot is pretty solid and makes really good used for the reincarnated in a game aspect.
Hal14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:47 am Reply with quote
Can source material readers please save their walls of black bars for the review threads. This should apply to all series. I'm not a snob about spoilers; but it's clearly excessive when a comment looks like a redacted government report
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:14 am Reply with quote
Thanks to Key and Alternative Ice; I may have to put Executioner in the “tentatively excited” category and wait to see how many creative liberties it chooses to take in this direction.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:45 am Reply with quote
Yeah the Mob anime has the same problem as Mushoku Tensei: rough and slow start that develops as it goes on. Just not as well or reputable as MT; in fact it's rather tedious.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:32 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Yeah the Mob anime has the same problem as Mushoku Tensei: rough and slow start that develops as it goes on. Just not as well or reputable as MT; in fact it's rather tedious.

yep, i expect the anime staff to rush a bit until things get going then slow down a bit after that, they might add the skipped lines there, as not having them here hurts the overall plot.[/code]
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:36 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to Spy Family and Tiger and Bunny 2 the most.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:37 am Reply with quote
Sigh, I guess we have Disney+ jail to deal with now. I guess I can at least read the Summer Time Rendering manga, but BRS is an original
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:10 pm Reply with quote
And now finally I have something to say because the first anime on my list of the season has aired: Healer Girl.

And I'm absolutely in love.

It's wish fulfillment for me personally, because I really want to have the power to heal with my singing voice, and it's just so heartwarming! The last bit brought tears to my eyes. And I really love the music in this, it's so pretty! The OP is a contender for being best of the season IMO.

If you like things like Pretty Cure and ARIA I think you'll love this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sadoldguy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, I got overly excited about how the series develops.
thadec

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Wait, is Black Rock Shooter available on Disney+ in the states? I thought it was only available in Japan? (And when I checked I received a "The requested media is not available" error.)
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:16 pm Reply with quote
thadec wrote:
Wait, is Black Rock Shooter available on Disney+ in the states? I thought it was only available in Japan? (And when I checked I received a "The requested media is not available" error.)

Richard lives in Japan, so he's able to watch it legally. It's similar to when Kim Morrisey covered Violet Evergarden when it was streaming weekly everywhere except the US.
wolf10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I second the emotion that Healer Girl is adorable. Lovingly animated, really vibrant character designs, and some surprising world-building (a blink-and-you-miss it PowerPoint slide references Beethoven's year of death?!?). The production is also really not conservative with animating the singing, though the movements might be too exaggerated. I enjoyed the focus on the physical aspects of singing, too, since yes, performances take stamina, and it also pays off in the same episode. I will be laughing my ass off if the same little boy shows up with a skinned knee-and-or-elbow in every episode, but that's hardly a requirement when a show already feels this good.

(Could live without Reimi's panting, sigh, but it doesn't get taken much further than the mentor-crush antics of my usual genres. But then I looked it up, and Karasuma is voiced/sung by Ayahi Takagaki, so it's pretty understandable.)
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:00 pm Reply with quote
thadec wrote:

No.

The Preview Guide Black Rock Shooter page wrote:
Note: The series still isn't available for streaming worldwide. Richard Eisenbeis lives in Japan and was able to watch the first episode there, albeit without subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
And now finally I have something to say because the first anime on my list of the season has aired: Healer Girl.

And I'm absolutely in love.

I think this is the least surprising statement in the entire thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 21