• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GameStop to Close 700 Stores This Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:16 pm Reply with quote
TBH I am impressed they held on this long. Lots of negativity about this company and how they treat their employees. Rank up there with Amazon as a general trash place to work.

I don't frequent these shops, and my last visit was the week after Black Friday. Store was a mess and salesperson proceeded to attempt to badger me into several things.. Trade Ins, Rewards Card, and they wanted to buy my cell phone? Hard Pass on this place.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:31 pm Reply with quote
sucks for the people losing their job, but F gamestop.

its a bad company and you shouldn't support it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:

I used to buy everything there until I got my debit card then I started buying online from Amazon and directly from the PS4 store. I think the last thing I truly bought video game wise was the Switch game called Penny Pincher Princess or something like that. Not a bad game, but I should've gotten the Mana trilogy it would've been more worth the $25 since it was on sale. That is the only thing I hate about the Switch crappy data cards cause I think they only go up to 64GB and so it pretty much forces you to buy Physical game to save on space.

Actually with the way the Switch (and other systems) is designed regardless of whether you choose to play physical or digital you'll be upgrading the system's storage capacity anyway. Especially if you're playing a game with an online component like Smash Ultimate or Splatoon 2 since those get regular updates which add on to the game's install size.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2