• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Just bought the Blu-Ray release of the Kimagure Orange Road TV series off E-Bay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:36 am Reply with quote
@ Ggultra2764 - I know you buy a ton of shows, so I'm curious as to what sort of physical backlog you have. Do you have a sense of what percentage of the shows you own that you've actually watched? I've got a terrible watched percentage. I have several hundred titles and I think I'm only around 20% in terms of having watched them.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Ggultra2764 - I know you buy a ton of shows, so I'm curious as to what sort of physical backlog you have. Do you have a sense of what percentage of the shows you own that you've actually watched? I've got a terrible watched percentage. I have several hundred titles and I think I'm only around 20% in terms of having watched them.

Exactly eleven titles. Have six that are individual films, three that are part of a film trilogy (Laughing Under the Clouds), and two that are part of the Martian Successor Nadesico set I recently bought that I've yet to see (Prince of Darkness and Gekigengar III). Though that number will eventually pop up to twelve, as I still have the Digimon: Last Evolution movie on pre-order that should be getting sent my way this week.

I've actually been on somewhat of a hiatus from viewing older anime of late, as I wanted to dabble into a retrospective project with watching and reviewing all the mainline Disney animated films that I wanted to dabble into for a while and been involved with over the past month. I'm still following current titles. Just any older stuff, I'm putting on the back burner until I get the retrospective completed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:04 am Reply with quote
Man, I am super impressed. So you are one of the smart collectors who actually watches the stuff they buy instead of putting together a mass of dust-collecting items. Kudos!
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:10 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Man, I am super impressed. So you are one of the smart collectors who actually watches the stuff they buy instead of putting together a mass of dust-collecting items. Kudos!

Used to be the type that collected titles I've yet to watch and let sit around for months until I'd watch them up to recently. Last year around this time, I winded up selling a decent chunk of my collection off since I was tight on money and needed it to keep afloat. Currently, I'm attempting to replenish my collection with titles I've seen in the past and that I enjoyed. Still plan to buy up the occasional title to dabble into whenever I feel like getting around to seeing it. But I plan to stock up the majority of my shelves with older titles I enjoyed from the past for right now.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Kimagure Orange Road: Summer's Beginning via E-Bay.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:00 am Reply with quote
Finally decided on getting the LE for ID: Invaded. There aren't many shows anymore that I like enough to buy, but this show is in my Top 5 for 2020.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Bought an old favorite of mine that I haven't had in years. Just purchased all the individual volumes to Geneon's old release of R.O.D: The TV.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:39 pm Reply with quote
All used (except for Haruchika, which was still shrinkwrapped)at BookOff NYC this past weekend:

Poppin' Party: Poppin' Party 2015-2017 Live Best BD
Haruchika: Haruta & Chika BD
Yurikuma Arashi Complete Collection BD
Kaori Sadohara: Still Sis (CD-single for ED theme to "Testament of Sister New Devil" with an R2 DVD
Girls Dead Monster: Little Braver CD-single
Love Live! KiRaKiRa Sensation/Happy Maker CD-single

...and some manga at Kinokuniya NYC:

I Don't Know How to Give Birth (one shot)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (omnibus)
Rent-A-Girlfriend Vol. 2
Supermutant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Amazon Prime Days pick ups:
Apocalypse Now Final Cut 4k Blu-Ray
Haunting of Hill House [Blu-ray]
Invisible Man [Blu-ray]
Kenka Bancho Otome - Girl Beats Boys: The Complete Series
Office: The Complete Series
Rocketman 4k Blu-Ray
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection [DVD]
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:22 am Reply with quote
Just bought a lot of Blu-Rays off eBay for $125

Own a couple already, but what I don't keep, I'll resell... and one would sell for 1/3 to 1/2 of what I paid for the lot.

Colorful on Blu-Ray,
Just yesterday I was looking at my old Amazon wishlist and feeling sorry that I never bought this when it was in print. Especially since they're being listed for $70+ on eBay now
...though comps show they actually sell around $40
(Prime Day sucked, All I got was IT Crowd: The Complete Series and I bet it was for a pretty typical sale price)

May also keep, or watch once and decide:
Mirai on Blu-Ray + DVD,
Napping Princess on Blu-Ray + DVD,
Okko’s INN on Blu-Ray + DVD,
HAL on Blu-Ray + DVD,
LU Over The Wall on Blu-Ray + DVD

Own these and could lot up and resell for maybe $60+ (haven't researched) but depending on what they're like, may keep these G-Kids versions and sell my Disney versions of the Jibblies.

Mary and The Witch’s Flower
on Blu-Ray + DVD,
Whisper Of The Heart on Blu-Ray + DVD,
Howl’s Moving Castle on Blu-Ray + DVD,
Spirited Away on Blu-Ray + DVD,
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on Blu-Ray + DVD.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Just ordered Manga Entertainment's old DVD release of the Read or Die OVA off E-Bay.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:18 pm Reply with quote
B: The Beginning Season 1
Fairy Gone Season 1 Part 2
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 2 BD
K: Seven Stories BD
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Season 2
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Prince Freya Vol. 3 and The Demon Prince of Momochi House Vol. 16 today. I think I'm going to re-read Momochi House all the way through before I read the final volume, though.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Just ordered Manga Entertainment's old DVD release of the Read or Die OVA off E-Bay.

A couple years ago I also bought up the TV series at a very reasonable price. 4 were from a 2nd & Charles BOGO sale and the other 3 were from different eBay sellers getting rid of their singles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1359 of 1403