• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII Remake Game's Trailer Unveils Tifa

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:34 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
I mean the breast size reduction is whatever but I think she should be more toned/muscular seeing as how she's a brawler.

More disappointed in the total cast change though while the Japanese cast stays the same. Reminds me of MGSV where they wanted star power in the English version but were fine with keeping Akio Ohtsuka in the Japanese. Just seems like they're spiting long time fans to attract new ones.

Not for nothing but most of the new voice cast would be familiar to people who played the original game. Gideon Emery in particular should be familiar to many people given he voiced Balthier in XII.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that thinks this remake is coming out 8-10 years to late? I Understand the demand for it but i'm just getting Kingdom Hearts 3 development vibes from this, and that's not a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
James_xeno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:37 am Reply with quote
JC, what did they do to her? Why the hell does she have an undershirt?! Also why the covered up legs? (I usually like things like leggings and such but here.. ugh) Ugly as shit!
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
Steve Minecraft wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:
Wow dude just wow, it isn't like the PS One days anymore where major details had to be exaggerated and left out due do graphic limitations making the characters look like a bricks.

That said I think she does look too skinny to be the power house brawler she's suppose to be.

Nah, nothing to do with PS limitations. They use the exact same design in the Dissidia games.

What's your point? So they used the old PS One design for that game? Old game characters are designed around the limitations at the time. If Mario and Sonic was designed from the ground up today with today's technology they won't look anything like a Italian pumper or Hedgehog because of sprites and bits. Sonic's character design specially has changed over time and they even have brought back the classic design
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:25 am Reply with quote
I find personally that most of the people complaining about Tifa's new design are the same crowd that complained about Lara Croft's new design. Which in the end, bs excuses ignored, was mostly just people complaining about someone messing with their dear waifu sex idol. Lara's new design looks far better. She looks real and the figure works for the character and what she does. So far this new design for Tifa also works better for her. It's much more believable and fits her character. I would agree a bit more "tone" to her muscles would be even better since she is a hand to hand physical fighter.

I also find it rather disingenuous, and highlights my above point, that most of the people complaining about her new design are not saying one word about Barret. So it's horrible censorship adding clothes to Tifa, but the fact they added a shirt to Barret is ok? Right.

As far as gameplay goes I am still upset it's not turn based. I get that the games have gotten away from that now, but if you're really doing a true remake and keeping things like the original than they would've kept it turn based. I share the sentiment of many that at this point I simply don't trust SE to not try and treat this simply as a cash cow. As opposed to giving it the proper treatment it deserves. I am also concerned with new consoles not far away that this remake might wind up crossing platforms if you want to play all of it. If they do that I won't buy the game nor anything else from SE again because that's just a shitty move in my book.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Caesar on the cross! Been a long time since I've seen the kind of work Square laid down today, a damn long time! This looks a HELL of a lot better than the original! FF7 was long overdue for a fresh coat of paint.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:59 am Reply with quote
The latest FF7 Remake trailer, a.k.a. "Tifa and her Panchira!" Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4