• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Pairs of Long Lost Anime Twins

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
One is from a video game technically, but Shaiapouf from Hunter x Hunter and Wriggle Nightbug from Touhou look awfully similar...
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:44 pm Reply with quote
DranzerX13 wrote:
What about Amelia, and Naga from the Slayers? They're definitely long lost twins, but Naga is older than Amelia. I'm surprised they didn't make the list. It's a very well known one.

Believe it or not but those two are actual sisters.
Eigengrau

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Vegeta from DBZ and Tetsuo from Akira, anyone?
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Tragically, Silica differs from Chiho on two key points.

Also who put Heaven Canceler and Chopper up there? The polls about doctors you wouldn't trust, not ones you can.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Also, anyone who seriously votes for Black Jack in this week's poll needs to learn a lesson about judging a book by its cover.

If it was a poll about doctors I'd most trust, Black Jack for sure. Also surprised that Monster's Tenma is on the list. Anyway, for this poll, Muraki and Shou Tucker were my choices.

As for the previous poll, it seems a lot of people can't tell the difference between an electric bass and a guitar, judging by how high Haruhara Haruko ended up ranking...
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as how I got into fan-fiction writing with this as a hook, let's see a few of my faves;

C.C from Code Geass and Amber from Darker Than Black, C.C. and Holo from Spice and Wold, Euphemia from Geass and Lacus from Gundam Seed, Small Lady/Black Lady from Sailor Moon and Ruby Moon from Card Captors, Chizuru from Student Council's Discretion, and Medaka from Medaka Box. A recent video game one is Yorktown from Azur Lane and Irisviel from Fate/Zero, etc.

As for the doctors... let's just say the prognosis for recovery isn't looking all that great.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Emperor Jircniv from Overlord this season looks like a twin of Reinhard von Lohengramm from Legend of the Galatic Heroes.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:05 pm Reply with quote
DranzerX13 wrote:
What about Amelia, and Naga from the Slayers? They're definitely long lost twins, but Naga is older than Amelia. I'm surprised they didn't make the list. It's a very well known one.

In fact, spoiler[it is said that in the Slayers story-world there is so-called ura-settei (a hidden backstory) that Naga and Amelia are actual sisters.]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks Chiho and Silica are nothing alike? o___O

Eve and Yami should be on here and so should Yuri and Haruhi. No, I'VE GOT IT.

Kinomoto Sakura and Ai Astin, hands down.

Ai has longer, blonder hair. And that is it. xD

Zack and Shishio as well. Damn.

Doctor I wouldn't trust: Daniel Dickens. The man has an eye fetish. Good luck with keeping them in your head if he knocks you out. Anime hyper
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:47 am Reply with quote
Wow, someone added Heaven Canceler from Index to the list of untrustworthy doctors...? I voted for Stein from Soul Eater though I'm not entirely sure if he counts as a doctor.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:53 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
I'm a bit surprised I didn't see Eve from Black Cat and Golden Darkness/Yami/spoiler[Eve] from To Love-ru on the list (and she isn't the only example from those two series).

They are more or less the same person. Same hair color, same eyes, same voice, same personality, same skills and abilities and same purpose (genetically cloned and engineered bio-weapon). And, like you mention in Love-Ru Darkness is told that Yami real name is spoiler[Eve], instead of Konjiki no Yami.

i was wondering about that!? would put those two instead of sieg and jellal. i mean its not a surprise that mangakas like hiro would use the exact same designs for another manga. i mean arakawa did the exact same thing for FMA & the rebooted version of arslan! not to mention its double for both akamastu and kishimoto! i mean they are the authors after all so they can use the exact same designs for any new projects!

hell, in the ero side you got lilith/pixy/ziz using the exact same designs for kotesu no majo annerose/ tamanin asagi/yukikaze, PoRo pretty much does it for ALL of their works , then there is that ero VN author who pretty much have his own "covered eyes" male character in every since work like gakuen marching club and others. not to mention milky who in the 90's was pretty much milking off the bible black character designs for ova series like discipline and black gate!

regardless,my point is that its nothing unusual for any authors/creators whether their in the ero or non-ero genre to use the exact same character design!

however eve and golden darkness yami have zero relation! they have different authors and their artist team and character design team are also different too! however sieg & jellal have the same mangaka author which is why in my take the former two should be on this list over the latter two!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:19 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

however eve and golden darkness yami have zero relation! they have different authors and their artist team and character design team are also different too! however sieg & jellal have the same mangaka author which is why in my take the former two should be on this list over the latter two!!!

I forgot to tell one thing. they have both the same spoiler["mother" Tearju Lunatique.They are made from Tearju Lunatique DNA ]They are more or less the same character, just in different universes.

The mangaka of Eve and Golden Darkness Yami is also the same (Yabuki Kentaro).
Even if the author of To Love-Ru was Hasemi Saki, the artist is Yabuki Kentaro.
Maybe is because of that the connections of Black Cat and To Love-Ru are so present.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:06 am Reply with quote
Geass and idols.

Lelouch and Shy from Lagrange Point.
Gino and Tsubasa from SolidS.
SakuraShimizu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
How about triplets? Syo Kurusu from Uta no Prince-sama, Taiyou Mitsuboshi from Happy Sugar Life, and Banri Watanuki from Inu x Boku SS. (Also Smudger from Chocolate Underground but he doesn’t wear hair clips.)

Syo and Watanuki also have similar personalities. They get picked on for being cute and cross dressed. But want nothing more than to be strong.

Also Syo has an actual twin brother Kaoru.
7777ale7777

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
Kageyama from Fairy Tail and Shikamaru from Naruto. Not only do they have the same design but they also have the same abilities.
Also Gildarts from Fairy Tail and Shanks from One Piece
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3