• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Switch Game Has All Previous Playable Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dont

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 am Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
AngryMoM wrote:
It has everything you could want in a smash game.

Bah, not even close.

Give me TIfa, Midna (form shifting), and Chun Li, and it'll be getting closer.

I really need Tifa to be in this game. With some subtle jiggle physics if possible. She the only one out the four I want that has any sort of chance.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 am Reply with quote
Stabman wrote:

What makes you think Ultimate isn't getting some kind of single player campaign/options?
We don't know anything about that particular aspect of the game yet.

This is where the next 6 months will be key where it's a perfect opportunity for Nintendo to drip feed new information along the way. Maybe they could have Xander Mobius in his deep Smash announcer voice announce new tidbits every month or something.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 am Reply with quote
Where is my boy Waluigi? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SamTheNayru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote
Stabman wrote:

What makes you think Ultimate isn't getting some kind of single player campaign/options?
We don't know anything about that particular aspect of the game yet.

Well, I assumed that it won't, since Ultimate having a campaign would be a pretty big deal. It's definitely something worth announcing during the biggest gaming conference of the year.

The fact that the Direct spent all the time going through minute patch notes instead of big changes/additions to Ultimate made me think that a campaign is out of the question. When Mario Tennis Aces was announced, the campaign was immediately announced, since it's a pretty big deal and they want to use that big deal to promote the game and gather more sales.

I hope they prove my assumptions wrong. The game is still half a year away after all.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Give me Tifa, Midna (form shifting), and Chun Li, and it'll be getting closer.

If it was Midna riding Wolf Link, then I'd be in 100% agreement with you.
anddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
Stabman wrote:
Nintendo themselves...
acknowledging that this game...
is a NEW GAME and is not a port

Yeah, like Nintendo themselves acknowledging that the Nintendo DS is a "third pillar" to the Game Boy and home consoles (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2004/05/13/e3-2004-miyamoto-roundtable)

Or Nintendo themselves acknowledging that the 3DS will never have any revisions (https://kotaku.com/5918006/nintendo-isnt-making-a-new-3ds-its-making-a-new-handheld-generation)

Or Nintendo themselves acknowledging that they would never make smartphone games (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2011/09/14/nintendo-smartphones-iwata-says-absolutely-not)

Nintendo is a conglomerate, money-making company, not a person. A port doesn't sell as much as a fully priced "new game". When you're an adult you realize this is all PR talk.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh for… Does it matter? If anything it's so massively changed and so much added that it's certainly more than a port.
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I always thought it was a little weird to have Fire Emblem's Robin be a character in smash, since his/her appearance is customizable by the player, so most people will not see a character that looks like what they played with. It looks like this is continuing into the new game. The default character is not anything I've ever seen, in either appearance or name, when playing Fates, and this is probably the case for most players, so again it seems very strange to choose that character.

It would make a lot more sense to include one of the iconic fixed characters, like Azura, Xander, or Ryoma.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3