• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: IDOLiSH 7 Group Trigger's New Anime Music Video is a Little Scandalous

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miuna

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Link is broken
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 pm Reply with quote
This is really strange. I've e-mailed our IT developer to see what's going on with it.

EDIT: It appears something about the code we use to include the Bandai Namco disclaimer at the bottom of the articles is currently causing issues on the website. I've removed them from the two Idolish articles for now until it's fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miuna

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow that’s an interesting bug, no worries thanks for looking into it!
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, link still doesn't work, but...I've seen the whole video...

...and yeah...scandalous it is...

...scandalously sexy. I mean...what the hell did you do to me TRIGGER?!

That is all.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
That's weird, I'm still working on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:06 am Reply with quote
Worked fine for me!

What a good song. I kind of feel bad, but I like TRIGGER’s music so much more than I7’s. (And its members. Sorry dudes.) Wink
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote

I'll just leave this here.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Not a fan of the visuals. It looks like filmed with low framrate. Its not smooth enough to be pleasing for the eye.
It may help if one knows the lyrics so what theyre singing about... Rolling Eyes
Peebs

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:48 pm Reply with quote
This is the kind of content I'm here for. It's a true blessing when Ten smiles. My sons look so good.
ashureechan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't think anyone was "nude" in the video but okay lol anyway, it's really not that scandalous when it's mostly just one scene. There are a lot of super cute moments! My gripes about people blowing how "scandalous" this video out of proportion aside, I really liked the CG for this video. Plenty of super nice still images to admire as well, like the ones of TRIGGER all together. I really love TRIGGER for their music and their interactions and this video gave me both so I'm very happy!!!
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:47 pm Reply with quote
rahzel rose wrote:
I kind of feel bad, but I like TRIGGER’s music so much more than I7’s. (And its members. Sorry dudes.) Wink

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat. Smile I love I7, but TRIGGER is just so much more mature sounding and their songs are much more appealing to me. Plus Gaku...always Gaku. <3
manapear

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:43 am Reply with quote
Yo, that was a sexy video. I feel the same as others here, and across the net. I just love TRIGGER so much more. (Yamato is my man, though. ♥) I love their sound more, and their sensuality and maturity is just. . . perf~.

The video was nice! I liked the sexy part, but there was some cute and the choreography was fun to watch.
Nuko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:19 pm Reply with quote
ashureechan wrote:
I honestly don't think anyone was "nude" in the video but okay lol anyway, it's really not that scandalous when it's mostly just one scene. There are a lot of super cute moments! My gripes about people blowing how "scandalous" this video out of proportion aside, I really liked the CG for this video. Plenty of super nice still images to admire as well, like the ones of TRIGGER all together. I really love TRIGGER for their music and their interactions and this video gave me both so I'm very happy!!!

This.

It's totally double standards to call this "scandalous" when it's just considered "normal" if it's younger teenage girls and more intimate parts of the body like the hips/butt and chest lol. This doesn't even show that, it's just a guy's back, shoulder, and feet...
Plus there are people who want to see more sultry and beautiful guys presented out there too, after all, not only girls. Probably at least half the earth's population at that. xD

To me, the whole video overall is very beautiful and artistic.
Even that "scandalous" scene to me is really beautiful and elegant, more than sexy. I even first thought the body was just a medical dummy lol, since they aren't moving and implied to be suspended in the air. I actually focus more on the animation of their hands on those scenes actually. Maybe because I am a 3D modeler, that animated 3D objects interest me more than a still image.

I hope they make more in the future. Out of all the Idolish7 MVs, Kamikaze Douga I think does the best ones both for 3D graphics and overall creativity/artisticness.
Also recommend to view the MVs for RESTART POiNTER and WISH VOYAGE (full version is now up on Youtube) also by Kamikaze Douga. Those two are definitely more on the cute side. They're all so well-made and beautiful.

I read that they use Lightwave 3D for the 3D models.

Also, there was another MV I saw on Youtube (I searched "RayGlanZ MV"), by Dandelion studio which was very cool with the 3D anime style, for a game called "Readyyy!" a group called RayGlanZ, which from what I read is similar to TRIGGER being the more "mature" group of the characters. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1