• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toonami Adds Half Hour of Programming With Cowboy Bebop

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:38 am Reply with quote
Even with Adult Swim/Toonami's viewership was at an all-time high now, it would help if they had newer and more recent anime (not counting the ones that are 100+ episodes).
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
Me, I wish they'd play something like Casshern Sins again, just randomly or hack.// Sign
I didn't like Casshern personally, Samurai 7 on the other hand I would like to see on the block again
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 am Reply with quote
Should have been Space Dandy season 2. I don't think that have ever been repeated. Cowboy Bebop to forever rerun, I swear. Laughing
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:34 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Even with Adult Swim/Toonami's viewership was at an all-time high now, it would help if they had newer and more recent anime (not counting the ones that are 100+ episodes).

Well Naruto Shippuden's spot seems to be a forever thing. Really needs 1 of those marathons but without reruns like how all Toonami marathons are. Don't really want another One Piece situation out of it. Dragonball Super is unknown how long that will last. Hunter x Hunter still has a ways to go. Even JoJo is going to take awhile. But people seem to love requesting these long series on a weekly block that takes a lot to effort to show those shows.
Marcus Carr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:19 am Reply with quote
Would be cool if they would finally show Escaflowne (even though I have it on Blu-ray).
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:10 am Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
Me, I wish they'd play something like Casshern Sins again, just randomly or hack.// Sign
It is ahrd enough for people to stay awake that late out night, without also having to sit through Sign.
TheMorry wrote:
I own it on DVD with the improvedand upscaled visuals of recent releases. However despite i have heard and read great things about it i dont seem to be able to get past ep 2. Perhaps ireally should take the time for it to enjoy it. But with the recent big hitters like SAO, AoA Bebop has a really slow pacing lol. But to be honest with the amount of dubs(i dont have the time to watch subs) now days get released its hard to watch older (classic )anime because there isnt enough time xD.
Episode 5 is usually a good part to start at if for whatever reason you are struggling to watch it. As the overall story starts then, and it is one of the best episodes.
CR85747

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:08 am Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
When are they gonna bring back Sailor Moon? That was the #2 show on Toonami back in the old days. I'm also anxious to see more of the new Viz dub, especially for the S season.

Hulu's rights may stand in the way.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
The Problem is not they are showing cowboy bebop again or other titles that were classics back in the day but if you keep showing the same stuff again and again you would limit yourself.

Sure they are great and good shows but you are not letting others shine and be exposed and you are also limiting the type of genres and other types of shows might bring.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:31 am Reply with quote
To some degree it's cool that they can keep old content alive but's also kinda sad that they have to keep coming back to Bebop over and over and over again.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 pm Reply with quote
The difference between this run and earlier ones is how less censored it would be. I remember catching the brief run the HD version had without the paint and dialog edits and it felt more true to the intended nature of the show. Of course, there would be time cuts (like the next episode preview/end credits being trimmed) but that was already happening to the Adult Swim runs over the years. The HD video was more pleasant to look at than the dark transfer the old analog version had. It will also be a treat to watch the final two episodes on TV without the video being intentionally dimmed.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
[quote="MarshalBanana"]
Codeanime93 wrote:
It is ahrd enough for people to stay awake that late out night, without also having to sit through Sign. [quote="TheMorry"]

Hey I just want them to be shell shocked when they see an older anime with the plot of SAO to it. Though they'd just probably call it a rip-off.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote
FLCLGainax wrote:
The difference between this run and earlier ones is how less censored it would be.

Will or will it not?

FLCLGainax wrote:
I remember catching the brief run the HD version had without the paint and dialog edits and it felt more true to the intended nature of the show.

Guess I must'e missed that.....to be fair I watched Bebop front to back like 4 times.

FLCLGainax wrote:
Of course, there would be time cuts (like the next episode preview/end credits being trimmed) but that was already happening to the Adult Swim runs over the years.

Eventually.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
^ To clarify, it's speculation based on what was left in the brief re-run they did of the first 5 episodes in the new HD versions.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Honestly in thinking of what I would rather see Adult Swim play here the following:
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Steins;Gate
D.Gray Man
Gangsta
Code Geass
Death Note
On top of the previous mentioned Casshern Sins and Hack.//Sign.
But hey got to go with the classics.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. Not a fan of this return to classics since it's before my generation; I'd say I'm happy for those who are fans but I think they've shown Bebop one too many times.

When are they gonna get Mob Psycho 100 so I can finally show my sister Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3