• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MBS, TBS End 'Nichigo' Anime Timeslot, Launch Saturday Morning Anime Hour in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
What I like about Nichigo is that it's pretty much a daytime slot for the kind of anime that airs after midnight, with more violence and sexual content than one can expect from a show that airs in the morning.

That's why I'm worried about the possibility that the next seasons of My Hero Academia and The Seven Deadly Sins will have to tone down the violence, assuming they'll be a part of this new hourlong morning timeslot. Also, I'm afraid any upcoming Gundam shows will have to air after midnight, which means a lot less mainstream exposure for the franchise.

I don't know about The Seven Deadly Sins, but I don't think My Hero Academia is more violent than most morning shows currently airing (such as Shippuden and some arcs of One Piece). I don't anticipate anything will have to be changed; if something is, it'll likely be very little.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EleutheroMaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Another popular Anime block put out to pasture... Sad
EleutheroMaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
dark13 wrote:
Not sure what this means for Gundam but IBO should be done by then, question is how will this effect Gundam as a whole ?

??? I dont remember build fighters or try airing at that time, so why would it affect gundam?

Both Build Fighters and Try aired on TV Tokyo! Different station!
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

I don't know about The Seven Deadly Sins, but I don't think My Hero Academia is more violent than most morning shows currently airing (such as Shippuden and some arcs of One Piece). I don't anticipate anything will have to be changed; if something is, it'll likely be very little.

Naruto airs Thursday nights along side Pokemon, not in the morning.

I guess people forgot SDS and MHA are both shounen and already for kids. They'll be fine.
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
As many others have pointed out, Eureka Seven did air at 7AM on Sunday mornings, and MBS (don't know if TBS counts as a whole) has always been probably the most lenient on content (how else do you explain airing Blood+, both Fullmetal Alchemist series, and Gundam Seed and IBO during primetime), I wouldn't be that worried if it will affect the new "Anisata" slot. (Plus, I haven't watched, but I'm guessing My Hero Academia is relatively tame by Shonen standards).

On the other hand, at least we're getting an extension to anime on MBS, (which was clearly needed after those short runs of Seven Deadly Sins and Arslan's second seasons, if they even count that way), and that ain't too bad.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Well that sucks........ Sundays at 5PM is a much more convenient time slot.... I am so not waking up at 7 in the morning. >__>;

crosswithyou, The same thing can be said about anime on Cartoon Network, in addition, they limit some of the anime to late night. It seems like they just don't care about anime as much anymore.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:45 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
crosswithyou, The same thing can be said about anime on Cartoon Network, in addition, they limit some of the anime to late night. It seems like they just don't care about anime as much anymore.

Come to think of it I did watch Dia no A when it was aired at like 7 or 7:30 in the morning on the weekend before. That was actually better than the Monday evening timeslot since I always had work at that time.

I guess I may put in some effort to wake up early if it's a series I really like.

With late-night anime on CN, just pretend you're getting the full Japanese anime on air experience, LoL.
megazero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
Personally, I like the schedule change, especially that it's now back to 1 hr since 1983.
Plus, it's a Saturday.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2