• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Future Arc

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yappers4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Sakakura doesn't really strike me as the murderer nor does he seem to be a red herring. He doesn't seem like the type to use a weapon (he reluctantly used the pipe to fight Asahina). Also, what is his MO or grudge? I understand if Mitarai would kill as a means of his hope or something, but Sakakura...I'm not picking up a reason to kill except if Munakata commands it. But I do admit he has some involvement in the darker grand scheme of things.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
aw man I was hoping that the series would stay away from more of the Despair Girls events for another week or 2 since I put off playing it for months then my sister borrows my vita and goes on vacation Sad

Im considering holding off on the series until I can get and finish Despair Girls or just finding a playthrough online.

Other than that was Hajime/Izuru a partner, a subordinate, completely brainwashed by Junko or just didn't give 2 sh*ts?
I'd be disappointed if it turns out Hajime as Izuru was manipulated by Junko since being the Ultimate Hope you'd think he wouldnt be easily manipulated(perhaps thats supposed to be ironic? an artificial hope isn't truly hope and is easily corrupted).
Though I suppose if they gave a good reason for it in the despair arc I could get used to it.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Ultra Despair Girls enter the scene!!! The fanboy in me is completely satisfied Very Happy
vladibarrios95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:56 am Reply with quote
stilldemented wrote:
My random thoughts on the killer based on Future Arc (haven't seen the Despair prequel stuff yet) :

You need to alternate the episodes of both arcs: future ep 1, then despair ep 1, then future ep 2 and so on... since both series complement each other
iatheia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
HAAAAAANDS. So many hands. My precious girls and their hand holding in all its glory.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:56 am Reply with quote
Well, that just happened...

I don't know how to feel about that episode.spoiler[I do appreciate that Monaca gave up because she spent too much time around Nagito, and became sick of his shtick, though. That got a big laugh out of me.

Also, HA! HER LEGS WEREN'T BROKEN AFTER ALL!]
Vannil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
my guess its going to be kyoko as it would be most meaningful death and was essentially his biggest ally in the first game.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
my guess its going to be kyoko as it would be most meaningful death and was essentially his biggest ally in the first game.
That, and the OP screams "KYOKO IS GOING TO DIE!!!" at the top of its lungs.
Vannil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
GeneStriker wrote:
That, and the OP screams "KYOKO IS GOING TO DIE!!!" at the top of its lungs.

Yeah, but i doubt she'll die only because at the end of despair arc's episode this week, Kizakura promised Kyoko's dad that he'd protect her if need be. more and likely the one who will end up being killed by the end of the show is Munakata or Sakakura. maybe both since they have pretty much told us that Sakakura is involved and would be just a revenge kill by Munakata.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:05 am Reply with quote
So wait, spoiler[That image of Monaca as the second Enoshima was like what, a video recording or whatever? The real Monaca was just in that truck all along?] I was having a hard time trying to wrap my head around that.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
Yep, what Vannil just said about Kyoko, spoiler[if it's played totally straight and predictable Kiazkura will be the one who will die sacrificing himself]. Also it's too obvious that Kyoko will be the one since so far she's the one who has done and been focused the least (well, Hiro did less but we know he will be fine, and Toko pretty much ended her cameo).

And well, about this episode, it's UDG fanservice and I'm not a fan of that game (not even the story, even if the last part tries to save it) so I can't say I enjoyed what is mostly rethread and comedy antics, and the whole anticlimax will be intentionally like a fart, but it doesn't put a smile of my face, it just makes want to fart too (though I'll admit, I found funny that she got tired after listening to Nagito's unbearable speeches, I wish other characters reacted to Munakata's awkward high-concept speeches like the rest of the world reacts to Nagito's ones). And not even the "some of the survivors will die" gets me because I know it won't, it doesn't make me more invested on Makoto, and by now the tension is mostly lost.

P.S.: Two dollars that if Monoca doesn't come back, it's basically foreshadowing of some kind to that new Danganronpa game that will come out.
J0HN_L0CKE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Ultra Despair Girls is great, lol @ reviewer
Renasviel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I disagree on both Despair Girls being a bad game (I still think it's worth the play, regardless of its flaws I found it to be fun all the same) and on this episode being someway decent. I didn't hate it by any means, but it was so ridiculous even for Danganronpa that I fear it's gone right off the deep end. Really, claiming that it was essential to experience before 3 and then having it play so little impact on the story was a poor move from Kodaka, and it really did feel like a let down, particularly after last weeks cliffhanger.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Renasviel wrote:
Really, claiming that it was essential to experience before 3 and then having it play so little impact on the story was a poor move from Kodaka, and it really did feel like a let down, particularly after last weeks cliffhanger.

I felt the same until about half way in, when I realized it was a filler episode.
Renasviel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
Renasviel wrote:
Really, claiming that it was essential to experience before 3 and then having it play so little impact on the story was a poor move from Kodaka, and it really did feel like a let down, particularly after last weeks cliffhanger.

I felt the same until about half way in, when I realized it was a filler episode.

I expected a filler episode to some extent, I just feel like the episode as a whole was rather underwhelming. It was pretty clear that Monaka wasn't really the mastermind, but to have so little impact on the story is disappointing, if only because we never really got to see her properly emulate Junko. I know that was kind of the point, but it still felt a bit cheap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 12