• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Missouri Police: Armed Robbers Used Pokémon GO to Lure Victims

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Hey kids, a mew walked into my van and it's shiny. Why don't you come inside and catch it for me?
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Tonight on Americas Most Wanted a group of young adults are using Pokémon to rob unsuspecting trainers can the police catch them all? Find out in tonight's episode.

I know AMW hasn't been on tv in years but I just couldn't resist the puns. Laughing
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm so sick of this trend. Everywhere I go, it's " Look what was in my bed the whole time! I caught an Eve, my life is complete! Jelly much??? Me and my coworkers are so bad!" Cripes. Even at my job, my chapters customers try to convince me to download the app. Takes all my restraint to maintain a fake smile. Enough.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
I'm so sick of this trend. Everywhere I go, it's " Look what was in my bed the whole time! I caught an Eve, my life is complete! Jelly much??? Me and my coworkers are so bad!" Cripes. Even at my job, my chapters customers try to convince me to download the app. Takes all my restraint to maintain a fake smile. Enough.

They are having fun
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:03 pm Reply with quote
It's totally unfortunate that Pokemon GO has fallen into the wrong hands of bad guys. Sad Here's hoping this, as well as other potential disasters like a chain highway traffic accident, don't become a common occurrence.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
This could lead to worse things than robbery.
Yamaji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
This is why we can't have nice things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:

Wow, that sounds miserable... to be around you. Be an adult. It's popular, it will fade. I don't love the game myself as it doesn't have a lot of depth but I applaud Nintendo on exploring a new time of gaming experience and anything that brings people together is pretty cool in my book.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Nice things, we cannot have.
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I've anticipated this game for so long but I did 't expect it to be that heavily popular.

I also find it hilarious. Yesterday, we went to the park, and in every corner you could see people standing holding their phones, obviously playing Pokemon Go, while the others are normally playing at the park, some playing basketball, some eating.

I don't know but I didn't expect to witness a more cringy atmosphere than ever. Hahaha for some reason, even though the game is cool, I see a lot more cons to it.

Edit: I keep editing because of wrong spellings, whatever.....wrong grammar, so be it.

Last edited by Camiru Mylle on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
#838774 wrote:

Wow, that sounds miserable... to be around you. Be an adult.

Be an adult? So, keeping my opinions to myself in person, and smiling politely is childish?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Is Squirtle the mascot for this app or something?
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Camiru Mylle wrote:
I also find it hilarious. Yesterday, we went to the park, and in every corner you could see people standing holding their phones, obviously playing Pokemon Go

Not all are playing PG - some of us are playing Ingress, the game which was 'borrowed' and rebranded as Pokemon Go. (Seriously, the Pokestops are all taken from the Ingress Portal database.) The last few days have been fun, I haven't had to be stealthy at all.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:

Actually, it's spelled Eevee. Sorry, I just had to. But like the other guy said, don't worry - it will go away in due time. At the same time, don't hate the game because it's popular and a lot of people are talking about it - because unless it's SAO (a mistake I realized too late, though that's MY OPINION), that probably means it's good and worth checking out. As the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
The only word that comes to mind here is "grim"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3