• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - Anime's 8 Deadliest Children [2016-07-09]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightYapper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
SaharaFrost wrote:
I suppose his story is somewhat similar to Wen's, but I'd argue that Czeslaw Meyer from Baccano! belongs on this list. Also, I agree with WingKing about Hansel and Gretel from Black Lagoon.

Czeslaw could be potentially deadly given his backstory and attempts to kill, but as far as I could remember, he never did succeed in killing anyone during the train incident. Personally, I think Ciel from Black Butler is more brutal and cruel, regardless of his motives.

And, I've never played any of the FF games, so not gonna vote for this.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:18 am Reply with quote
One that hasn't been mentioned is Zazie the Beast in Trigun. He was one of the little boys at the orphanage who had an unexplained ability to control those worm monsters native to Gunsmoke. That he was a child was also a plot point, as Vash could not even bring himself to believe the boy was responsible for the destruction the worms caused, let alone fight or even harm him.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:24 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that Sachiko Shinozaki from Corpse Party: Tormented Souls isn't on the list sure it's an OAV but Sachiko is evil as all get out she tortures and eventually kills her victims in her own personal hell. Shocked
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Why is Lil' Slugger not on this list? Also for the survey, great for Steven Universe but why Avatar? Didn't that end years ago, is it still playing?

you dont even want me to go there.

I definitely don't, since you make no sense.

But yeah surprised Korra isn't up. Its generally well liked.
Night fox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Some other deadly children include:

The nameless son of spoiler[Maria and Mamoru] (From the New World) - A total nutjob who kills any human on sight.
Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index) - Real nasty kid who enjoys killing people who get in his way, He's a bit older, though, (15) and not someone you'd need babysit. Wink
Illyasviel (Fate/Stay Night) - Berserker does her dirty work, but she gives the orders.
Several girl-assassins (Gunslinger Girl) - These girls are trained to be deadly and are skilled in a variety of weapons.
Showsni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Night fox wrote:

Illyasviel (Fate/Stay Night) - Berserker does her dirty work, but she gives the orders.

Ilya's about 18, isn't she? Though I guess the list has some "children" who are much older, so it's more about looks than actual age.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
In the anime version of Trigun, Zazie was *not* a little kid. He just looked like one. He even comments about how he hated hanging around them. Besides, Vash would've done everything possible to avoid killing him whether he was a little kid or not.

Also, in regards to Little Slugger: spoiler[he wasn't a kid, or even a human being. He was basically a manifestation of someone's thoughts (and, later, many someones' thoughts)].
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
In the anime version of Trigun, Zazie was *not* a little kid. He just looked like one. He even comments about how he hated hanging around them. Besides, Vash would've done everything possible to avoid killing him whether he was a little kid or not.

Ah, he wasn't? I must've forgotten about that then. You got characters like Selim Bradley and Wan on that list, though, who are definitely not children but simply look like them.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

Ah, he wasn't? I must've forgotten about that then. You got characters like Selim Bradley and Wan on that list, though, who are definitely not children but simply look like them.

Yeah, it's not stated in a way that jumps out at you, but it does get mentioned (by Zazie) near the end his time in the series, IIRC. :/
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
jr240483 wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Why is Lil' Slugger not on this list? Also for the survey, great for Steven Universe but why Avatar? Didn't that end years ago, is it still playing?

you dont even want me to go there.

I definitely don't, since you make no sense.

But yeah surprised Korra isn't up. Its generally well liked.

spoiler[ i'm talking about having korra and asami as a lesbian couple in the final season which every common sense person knows its more or less a PR move by the creators to pander to the LBGT community.] Now if they were like that at the beginning then most people wouldnt have an issue with it, but to do that ending when everyone knows its a PR move is usually what gives a series its death bed which is why a majority of anime otakus dont watch some western cartoons anymore. especially since avatar is a lot better than its sequel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

spoiler[ i'm talking about having korra and asami as a lesbian couple in the final season which every common sense person knows its more or less a PR move by the creators to pander to the LBGT community.] Now if they were like that at the beginning then most people wouldnt have an issue with it, .

Oh trust me if their relationship was like that at the beginning of the series people would still have a problem with it especially here in the good ol US of A.
Night fox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Showsni wrote:
Ilya's about 18, isn't she? Though I guess the list has some "children" who are much older, so it's more about looks than actual age.

I had no idea she was that old. She looks and acts more like a child, so I just assumed she had to be younger than that. Though, there's an immortal on The List so I guess numbers aren't everything. Wink
Showsni

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Night fox wrote:
Showsni wrote:

I had no idea she was that old. She looks and acts more like a child, so I just assumed she had to be younger than that. Though, there's an immortal on The List so I guess numbers aren't everything. Wink

Well, spoiler[her body ages much slower than it should because of magical spells carried out designed to make her a perfect host for the holy grail, or something like that. She's technically main character Shirou's older sister by adoption.]
fanime99

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
What about Kite? Both the assassins are children.

And all of the Gunslinger Girls are trained assassins, and children, even innocent little Henriette.

And most of the female students in Freezing,,,
borregar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
What about Kirika in Noir
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4