• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Spring 2016 Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote
Raneth wrote:
I'm surprised Flying Witch was so high just because I didn't see a lot of discussion about it, but I guess the people who watched it really enjoyed it.

That seems to be common with iyashikei shows in general. People just don't talk about them too much unless someone specifically asks. It could also be where you hang out. I do see a decent number of people in my communities talking about it. Not to the extent of the big 5 or 6, but it does have a following.
crx07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
why is there 2 rankings for Re: Zero episode 13?
Not only Re:Zero gets 2 rankings. All anime listed get two rankings for their ending episodes.
Quote:
Also, imagine the ranking rising substantially for episode 14 as its a very strong episode and ranking close to episode 7 which is the a strongest episode for the show so far
Episode 14 belongs to the Summer 2016 season. And I don't think ep 14 is very strong to the community because of their hate on Subaru. 4.6 average rating of ep14 compared to 4.8 of ep7
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
crx07 wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
why is there 2 rankings for Re: Zero episode 13?
Not only Re:Zero gets 2 rankings. All anime listed get two rankings for their ending episodes.

It's not actually getting 2 rankings. It's just a repeat of the previous episode's ranking so it can be accurately compared with all ending episodes.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
(Concerning Re: ZeroSmile
crx07 wrote:
And I don't think ep 14 is very strong to the community because of their hate on Subaru. 4.6 average rating of ep14 compared to 4.8 of ep7

4.6 is what its typical rating has been for most of the latter half of last season, and in some weeks that's good enough for the top spot. Most series won't even get close to that with their season-best episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crx07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
It's not actually getting 2 rankings. It's just a repeat of the previous episode's ranking so it can be accurately compared with all ending episodes.
I'm just pointing out that Re:Zero is not the only anime getting two rankings in an episode. And while the reason you give is correct in terms of weekly rankings, it is off in terms of cumulative rankings. First quote on weekly, next on cumulative.
Quote:
...many of the series already ended the previous week, so we're adding an extra "final" week where all the last episodes are ranked against each other. With this we can see which series ended on a strong note and which ones ended more weakly. That means the "final ep." column is a repeat of the last episode from Jun 17-23 or Jun 24-30.
Quote:
With the last episode duplicated in the "final ep." column, it means that the votes for the last episode of each series are counted twice, which intentionally gives a boost to series that ended strongly. This somewhat compensates for the fact that the first episode of each series has more votes, which favors series that started strongly.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
^Oh wow. I totally overlooked that change. Thanks for pointing it out.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
crx07 wrote:
...Just how disastrous is Big (dis)Order? I didn't watch it because of bad feedback. Is it worthy to watch The Lost Village?
For BO, I'll say that if you like a story where you can't tell where it is going week to week, enjoy some unintentional comedy because of totally inept writing/directing mixed with mild fanservice (we actually see imouto "get" her onii-san but limited by non-graphic depictions Sad ) it might be worth a look. The paid reviewer had to be encouraged to keep with it to the end though...And Lost Village (i.e.Mayoiga) might be worth watching, but be warned that if you don't find it just the best comedy ever by Ep6 you never will and it won't be worth watching any further. Just check out The Creamer's reviews or the banner-article on how much a comedy it is. Laughing Laughing Laughing What I thought of it Confused
Ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
Is there any way to find a chronological list of the Best and Worst column posts on ANN? I stumbled upon these a month or two ago and think they're great but I don't come to ANN every day so I have a heck of a time finding the latest one. I've been combing over the menu (Views, Columns, etc) looking for some kind of index for the past half hour with no luck, and the search brings back all the posts since the dawn of time in random order.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
The Features Archive is probably the best you can do for now, just Ctrl + F "Best and Worst of the"
JoeQ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
Surprised at U&T, but I guess I shouldn't be. It was consistently good (even with the obviously cut content) and delivered a satisfying finale, not really something that a lot shows can manage. It also had Hakumen no Mono, easily one of the best villains in a while. Not particularly complex or anything, but it was evil and monstrous and the production absolutely nailed it. The voice especially was so wonderfully malicious.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
Ditchdigger--

I recommend posting your question here, as ANN's management on the technical side frequents that forum for troubleshooting purposes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2