• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: "Naked Restaurant" to Open in Tokyo in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
How is this got to do with ANN? I know this is an interest article but still its not anime manga related.

You answered your own question. As has been stated many time Interest pieces are those that anime or manga fans, or simply fans of Japanese culture, would be interested in. They do not have to be directly related to an anime or manga title.

I have to shake my head how in so many of these threads people still come in just to complain with this same line but yet add nothing to the conversation itself. If you're not interested then don't read the article and don't post in the thread. It's rather simple. We're going to start keeping track of those of you who continuously do this because honestly it's getting to be basically trolling/flame baiting and we don't appreciate that here.
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
I guess the customers have to wear the disposable underpants for sanitation reasons because ewwww.
Walking into a room full of naked strangers would just make me lose my appetite.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:
How is this got to do with ANN? I know this is an interest article but still its not anime manga related.

You answered your own question. As has been stated many time Interest pieces are those that anime or manga fans, or simply fans of Japanese culture, would be interested in. They do not have to be directly related to an anime or manga title.

I have to shake my head how in so many of these threads people still come in just to complain with this same line but yet add nothing to the conversation itself. If you're not interested then don't read the article and don't post in the thread. It's rather simple. We're going to start keeping track of those of you who continuously do this because honestly it's getting to be basically trolling/flame baiting and we don't appreciate that here.

There still should be a way to customize which types of articles we see. Plenty of sites have filter options so I don't see why ANN doesn't also implement such a feature. You can sort by article type on the home page, so they should extend that to individual accounts being able to pick and choose what posts we see, if we want. That would shut up all of those that are so against interest pieces like this.
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:11 am Reply with quote
The ammount of people getting salty with this post is hilarious.
I'm honestly beginning to think this is an one-man crusade of some sort.

If it only was for anime, why would they talk about manga and light novels at all? Or even visual novels or games (most of times not even related to anime news). Don't be that stupid to think they only will talk about anime because of the name of this site.

{Edit}: As has been said already do not resort to insults you make your point. It makes your post just as bad as the other person's. ~ Psycho 101
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
For those of you arguing that this has nothing to do with Anime I beg to differ this cafe would go great with the theme in Kill la Kill Nudist Beach anyone. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:35 am Reply with quote
Should open a rival restaurant but with 20 and under and see how it goes
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The venom thrown on this article boggles the mind. As always, you don't have to read it.

As for the restaurant, not brave to even try this. Its leaning towards to being set up for a certain type of image of customers to fit the style of their restaurant. Like those high fashion stores and runways.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Cerceaux wrote:
I guess the customers have to wear the disposable underpants for sanitation reasons because ewwww.
Walking into a room full of naked strangers would just make me lose my appetite.

You are aware that you're cordoned off by partitions, right? It's not like a normal restaurant where you're in plain view of one another lol
laceblade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I guess it was too much to hope that such a thing could exist without some shame-policing of other people's bodies.
partially

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:42 am Reply with quote
Actually this news piece is better described elsewhere. Essentially originally there were no age and weight restrictions. However they actually changed it due to consistent customer complaints. And this started in London, and that is where the restrictions first came in. So it is hardly a "Japan" thing as some are insinuating.
casualfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote
If that's discrimination than those catwalk models are discriminatory too. Oh and also fitness models, etc. The world prefer to see more aesthetic and healthy-looking body types so deal with it.
melmouth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There still should be a way to customize which types of articles we see. Plenty of sites have filter options so I don't see why ANN doesn't also implement such a feature. You can sort by article type on the home page, so they should extend that to individual accounts being able to pick and choose what posts we see, if we want. That would shut up all of those that are so against interest pieces like this.

You don't even want to have to gaze at the TITLE of such a piece? Because of course once your eyes have been minimally sullied by seeing the title, you don't have to actually read it.

Life is going to be terrible for anyone who starts it with the notion that they can control and/or suppress everything that impinges on them in any way from the world around them.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:

That is a suggestion and topic for the admin and techies. Not me. By all means go to the Feedback section and make the suggestion yourself. I have to say though I doubt it would shut up a lot of the complainers. Call me pessimistic but I believe in the fact most of them just like to hear themselves talk and simply want an excuse to be angry and rant about something. It's what the internet is made for after all right?

Furthermore while such an option could come in handy it does not excuse the many trollish posts that serve no purpose that are being posted as of late. If the I N T E R E S T piece does not interest you then simply move on. This is not a suggestion anymore. I am not joking when I say the mods are going to be watching the interest pieces, and other "news" pieces, for repeated offenders. If you (I say that as a generalized you, not you specifically) continuously go into them to simply post these trollish and pointless posts then we are going to consider you a troll who is posting flame bait and deal with you accordingly. Just because the posts may not be insulting to users directly they are still more often than not trollish in nature and add nothing to the conversation. Which does violate the rules. We really do not want to have to be stricter so please don't make us. Just ignore news articles of any kind that do not interest you. It is not that difficult.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2