• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk Manga Returns on June 24 As Monthly Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merxamers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
Miura doesn't even have the health excuses that the HxH mangaka has. I suspect that he's just tired of the series and doesn't want to do it anymore. If that's the case though, i'd think he'd actually want to sit down and finish it, lol. I haven't read the most recent couple chapters, but I'm really hoping that now that they're off the boat that Casca can finally stop being a mental vegetable.
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Miura specifically said in one issue that drawing scenes of spectacle take time, which was after the Millennium Falcon Arc, which was ridiculous art-wise. And I might as well post this too; Miura writes comments in issues that Berserk runs in (Young Animal) and he wrote that him and Kouji Mori (author of Suicide Island/Holyland and long-time friend) were talking about Idolmaster music videos for 2 hours. Sankaku Complex ran with it and said he doesn't care about drawing Berserk anymore, and wants to play Idolmaster all the time. Sankaku Complex then said Miura was "planning to stop Berserk and draw manga for the female market", when actually he was drawing a guest cover for a volume of March Comes in Like a Lion. Some people are aware that Sankaku post a lot of exaggerated/goofy articles and casually joke about Idolmaster, but others ate it up when they really should've known better.

Last edited by Souther on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
So Young Animal is bi-weekly? Has it always been that way? I wonder how many chapters Berserk would have with no breaks, publishing 2 chapters a month since its inception?
Fullmental

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
So Young Animal is bi-weekly? Has it always been that way? I wonder how many chapters Berserk would have with no breaks, publishing 2 chapters a month since its inception?

Since it began in August 1989, that would be 322 months, or roughly 644 chapters. So pretty much twice as much content as there is currently...
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote
BVerfG wrote:
TrueZangetsu wrote:
Berserk fans complaining about hiatuses. Hxh fans are laughing and crying at the same time.

Berserk Fans have it even worse than HxH fans...especially since Miura will take the Berserk End to his grave

So you say that the world will ever get an end to hunter x hunter?
It's more likely that one piece gets canceled by the weekly Shonen jump than that.

This statement will make 99% of people on this site really angry, but I'd rather have hunter x hunter finish than one piece. Personal opinion.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the magazine will pick up a new series for the issues without new chapters.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:38 pm Reply with quote
@Souther Doesn't sound surprising at all. Look at Miyazaki, nearly all the stuff he said, he either never said or it was twisted into something else.

In regards to him being tired of Berserk, since he's been doing it for so long. Wasn't that why he did that other Manga for a time.
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
^
Miura deliberately released Gigantomaxia (the short manga) on YA's 20th anniversary, so it's been in the works for some time. I'm guessing he simply wanted to do something different for a bit before returning to Berserk.
delariean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Well...all that's left to do is wait for the Bastard!! mangaka to start back up and everything will be alright with the world

(And the Black Lagoon mangaka.....)
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
anddo! wrote:
But for how long Miura. How long.

That is the real question. I half expected the headline to say "Berserk returns as a monthly series...for six months."

stop being optimistic
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Yay~. I kinda want the supplemental book too, but I don't want the anime to be most of the content.
NCHaskew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
YAY \(^0^)/
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
Berserk fans complaining about hiatuses. Hxh fans are laughing and crying at the same time.

...I read both Anime hyper
DarkFusion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
So should we start taking bets as to whether or not Gutts and co.'s cruise will end before the next hiatus? Laughing Twisted Evil
tsunamiking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
This is literally the only thing i have wanted in a while.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3