• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 91 Days Anime's 2nd Teaser Video Introduces Nero

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quote
The ED theme song has a nice smooth melody feeling to it, nice.

I really hope this show delivers as it has as it seems to have a lot of potential.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:18 am Reply with quote
Ooh. Interesting. Hopefully this will be better than Gangsta.

**Hears awkward silence**

What? Too soon?

RIP Manglobe.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I really want to be excited for this. It sounds very cool. But Taku Kishimoto but both Erased and Joker Game have had some of the exact same flaws in their writing that make me wonder if he's really that good of a writer. Over the top drama is okay, sometimes, but I'd like for this to be a little more serious, if possible. And I don't know if Kishimoto is capable of that.
DrunkAyanami
Get off my lawn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I really want to be excited for this. It sounds very cool. But Taku Kishimoto but both Erased and Joker Game have had some of the exact same flaws in their writing that make me wonder if he's really that good of a writer. Over the top drama is okay, sometimes, but I'd like for this to be a little more serious, if possible. And I don't know if Kishimoto is capable of that.

Erased and Joker Game were adaptations. Actually looking through Kishimoto's work, I think it's all adaptations. And I thought that a lot of Erased were actually elevated by its adaptation, notably all the Satoru and Kayo stuff. So it will be interesting to see how 91 Days pans out. This definitely looks like something right up my alley, so it'd have to be pretty bad for me to not watch it. Makes me think Baccano meets Gangsta. There's no way it will be as fun as Baccano, but hopefully it can be better than Gangsta (which I actually enjoyed quite a bit, despite its flaws and Manglobe's money problems).
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Still not pleased about Sony Music handling the theme songs and forcing their artists onto this project that probably aren't going to fit the period drama tone they're trying to strike with it at all. Then being involved continues to give me a bad feeling about a project I was initially kind of interested in.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:29 pm Reply with quote
DrunkAyanami wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

Erased and Joker Game were adaptations. Actually looking through Kishimoto's work, I think it's all adaptations. And I thought that a lot of Erased were actually elevated by its adaptation, notably all the Satoru and Kayo stuff.

Right. But he had to adapt it to screen, so he could have definitely added flair that was not there before. There are a couple things in both of those shows that feel like they are from the same person. I don't know if they are in the source material or not, because I haven't read either, but given that he is script-writing both, and there is no other overlap in the writing staff that I know of, it seems likely to me that he is responsible. If that is just how both of those source materials happen to be written, great. I hope that is the case.
RainbowBuffaloCornman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Still not pleased about Sony Music handling the theme songs and forcing their artists onto this project that probably aren't going to fit the period drama tone they're trying to strike with it at all. Then being involved continues to give me a bad feeling about a project I was initially kind of interested in.

Who would you choose to do the theme songs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1