• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to Release Bleach Anime on Blu-ray Disc Starting This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Well if there's anything worth buying in blu-ray of this anime, it's the first Soul Society arc. After that it's all downhill. Probably why they just cancelled it and decided not to make any more anime even though the manga is still on-going.
1. the arrancar arc and the current 1000 year blood war arcs are good, 2. with that logic then Rurouni Kenshin, Beelzebub, and Hitman reborn must have also dropped in quality because their animes were cut short before there manga's finished
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
If the Arrancar Arc is "good," then I'd hate to see "bad."
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
clearly you have not seen Fullbringer to know what "bad" is
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:42 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Well if there's anything worth buying in blu-ray of this anime, it's the first Soul Society arc. After that it's all downhill. Probably why they just cancelled it and decided not to make any more anime even though the manga is still on-going.

I love how you try to make your opinion look like a fact when the majority of this thread clearly enjoyed more than the first arc.
Don't get me wrong here. I can very well see the problems in that arc but the high point of the series imo is the cuerent arc
unleashrage

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
I would of thought Naruto would of got a BD release before this series did. Buying all those dvds just to get hit with this, I feel a little betrayed. I will get this, but probably not at launch.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
unleashrage wrote:
I would of thought Naruto would of got a BD release before this series did.

They're probably waiting until they finish working on Shippuden...which won't be happening for a while since the show isn't even over in Japan.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
clearly you have not seen Fullbringer to know what "bad" is

I actually enjoyed the Fullbring arc. The only Bleach arcs that I would call straight up bad are the fillers. They just seemed to get worse and worse as it went on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FMPhoenixHawk

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:57 pm Reply with quote
I just bought Season 6-12 with my tax return a month and a half ago. Really, Viz? Couldn't do this earlier, so I could save some money and just get them all on Blu-Rei in one big set?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
Hey I mean, I love Bleach. It's my favorite long running series. I am mixed on the blu-ray, more excited, but definitely skeptical at the very least. You do have to consider this is old animation in it's early parts of the anime. They can really screw up if they stretch this 16:9, because obviously that's not the original aspect ratio. Viz needs to just truly master the 4:3 original japanese master footage, and we got a winner. The real fun so totally comes when the 16:9 footage makes it away, but we won't see that for a while. Marketing strategy wise; it's to be expected, it's a big three series and I hope its ulterior motive is to gauge Bleach's US audience after the series has died down, because it might hint as to whether it'll continue the actual anime if enough people buy it. I mean, hell. I'm supporting this and buying it, but Viz has got to impress me the first time, because if these rips are anything like the Sailor Moon Blu-Ray rips, man, it's not going to end well. Also FYI note, the people behind the Death Note blu rays are doing this remaster, so it's kind of an up in the air type of deal. They did a good job with it, but keep in mind, that was all 16:9 footage, so of course it's gonna look good. I have faith Viz...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Going with the DBZ release sets, at least Funi have released the entire series a few times. With Viz's release rate, it likely be pas 2021 that they are done releasing it.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I'll use these to fill in the blanks in my collection. Bleach has good animation but I don't know if they actually made it in HD. It always looked like an upscale where Naruto Ship didn't despite being from the same studio and produced at the same time and airing on the same network.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4