• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Cardcaptor Sakura Manga Is Sequel Launching in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Actar, your post sums up everything I feel about reboots and sequels these days. No one asked for it either. =/
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
I hope it gets an anime adaptation with no full CGI bullcrap. Studios need to stop ruining beloved franchises with it.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
Well when they start hopefuly they wont stop tell they finished still waiting for that one to start again I forgot the title Razz

Maybe Dark Horse wont take to long before getting this
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah put me in the camp with everyone else on this. I've been saying it for years, and it sucks because I was SUPER into CLAMP so many years ago. Now I don't even know. I'm not a fan of projects being left unfinished. I don't know what's going on either. I haven't even bothered to read my copy of Gate 7 vol 4 cause what's the point? No idea when that will be back.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
I'm not into the Magical Grandma genre. Evil or Very Mad

I just hope the series doesn't turn into unfinished or tsubasa tier garbage. I'll be 10 times more furious if we get CCS: Crystal somewhere down the line as well
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
As much as I love Cardcaptor Sakura, I am seriously worried about CLAMP's less than enthusiastic approach to sticking with their ongoing series.

I think this will be their...5th ongoing series at the moment? Somebody correct me if I am wrong: Gate 7, xxxHolic Rei, Tsubasa sequel, Drug and Drop and now CCS. I have a feeling I am forgetting something though...

Lord knows I'll still buy if it is licensed in English.

My thoughts exactly.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Just based on the new info, it sounds like spoiler[it's trying to connect to Tsubasa (namely leading up to the moment where CCS Sakura gives up the Sealing Wand to TRC Sakura, telling her that everything will be alright).] Which would be interesting, at least in my opinion.

I will be buying this for sure if it's released in English, however.
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I, too, wonder if this will tie in with Xxxholic / TRC. Though those are time independent so it's easily explained "in the future."
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I hope it gets licensed!
katscradle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Well I bought the new series of xxxholic desipte feeling fine where it finished so guess I'll do the same with CCS. It's been so long though. Seems to be a trend lately I guess.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm lukewarm on this sequel, especially since, like others have said, CLAMP already has a lot they're working on and a history of putting certain works on long hiatuses. I like CCS, but am happy enough with the original series' ending.

Dessa wrote:
meruru wrote:
But in the manga, Shaoran leaves and doesn't show up again until they're much older. So I'm guessing he won't even be in this one, which is kind of sad.

She's 14 in the manga epilogue, which is early Jr. High. So this series probably picks up after that scene.

That seems a little old for first-year Jr. High, though...
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I swear ANN did an article before that made it sound like this manga would be a one-shot chapter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Hope this is done better than the Tsubasa sequel. It wasn't the worst ever, but it wasn't particularly enjoyable, either.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Definitely was more into CCS than Sailor Moon as a kid, but Sailor Moon had a lot more inertia going in the years. As a piddling manga fan (i.e, someone who likes but isn't tied to the medium), CLAMP's history of hiatus on series doesn't strike me one way or another since it will be a few years before I even get around to potentially reading it anyway, never if an anime ends up being made faithfully to it.

As to also point out, if Sakura is 14, she should be in about 9th grade. Depending on the school system, that's either last year of jr high, or start of high school.
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Would it kill Nakayoshi to give it's other past popular manga some love and attention? It's been nothing but Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura constantly for the past two years. Last I checked, those aren't the only two manga featured in the 60th Anniversary logo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3