• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Digimon Adventure tri. Episodes 5-8 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
Okay we all know spoiler[Leomon being killed is a staple of the franchise] but this time it came out of nowhere. It was also done so late in the final episode there was no time to see the characters react to it or us as the audience to really take it in. It felt more like they were finishing up these episode and said "Oh shit we forgot to get this staple in well we have a 2 mins of run time left shoe horn it in."

I am still confused on the status of the 2nd generation Digi Destined. We now know that they are known to the originals because they called Ken by his name. So if they know who he is why has no one questioned what happened to the others especially since TK and Kari are part of that group. Lastly no one seemed to really care about maybe killing Imperialdramon. This is the combined digivolution of your friends digimon have them show some concern.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:30 am Reply with quote
So when I realized Leomon's Japanese VA is the same one who does Sanji from One Piece. Was anyone else expecting him to start falling crazy in love with Rosemon.
Gamescook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
...Okay.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Paul D. Atreides wrote:
Do do I need to have seen Digimon Adventure in order to understand this show?

Yes, this movie is catered towards old fans who familiar with Digimon Adventure. I suggest watch original Japanese ver of Digimon Adventure because it has lot of uncut scenes and dialogues.
whiskeyii wrote:

I admit that, to my surprise, the mild fanservice throughout didn't bother me, with the exception of Rosemon. Her ever expanding bosom wasn't a problem for me, but that jiggle was just weird. Her whole body is still, except for her breasts, and they they just sort of flop unappealingly rather than bounce enticingly. I mean, I get that the budget was really straining itself at that point, but if you can't manage a GOOD boob jiggle, why have one at all? Yikes, that gave me KonoSuba vibes.

Rosemon's boobs jiggle doesnt bother me, as most ecchi and fan service type anime out there have same issue too, why you make an exception for Digimon Adventure tri?

Rosemon in Digimon Savers/Data Squad is way more sexier than Digimon Adventure tri, her attack "Forbidden Temptation" made her body glow & naked(no nipple shown).
Mind you, this is even shown on TV and aimed for kids in Japan Shocked

ParaChomp wrote:
One more problem I have with Rosemon, she is both Lalamon and Palmon's final forms. Sure, Data Squad was a while back but I wish they used something else for variety's sake. Something I needed to get off my chest (god dammit).

Digimon never have fixed evolution in the 1st place, they have big evolution tree. For example, Agumon can evolve to Tyranomon and any other dinosaur type digimon instead with Greymon, and can evolve to other type too if evolution requirement matched him so recycling evolution form is okay for Digimon.

The anime proved this, dont you remember what happened to Agumon?
He can evolve to Skullgreymon and virus type (blue colored) Metalgreymon, Guilmon can evolved to Megidramon in Tamers, Shinegreymon went berserk/ruined mode(it is considered as separate evolution form) in Savers and Piyomon in Savers also evolve to Aquilamon which is Hawkmon main evolution line.

Monster Hunter wrote:
So when I realized Leomon's Japanese VA is the same one who does Sanji from One Piece. Was anyone else expecting him to start falling crazy in love with Rosemon.

Hirata Hiroaki has multiple roles in Digimon anime, Leomon(Adventure and Tamers), Narrator for DA & DA02, which later revealed as adult Takeru, Takeru & Yamato dad and other minor characters. He just merely come back to voice same roles in tri.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, despite the crappy moments in regards to animation, I am liking where the story is going and this film definitely raises even more questions than answers and obviously, the fact that Ken is somehow the Digimon Emperor again and no mention of the rest of the other 02 Digidestined is still very distracting.

Also, that cliffhanger with Meicoomon? The fact that we have to wait until the end of September to see what happens next just makes the wait so aggravating!
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

Rosemon's boobs jiggle doesnt bother me, as most ecchi and fan service type anime out there have same issue too, why you make an exception for Digimon Adventure tri?

Well, one, because I don't watch lots of ecchi shows, so I don't see that problem as often, two, because it was a really odd moment for it, being in the middle of a battle, three, seriously, why have a knowingly BAD boob jiggle moment instead of, say, saving those frames, time, and money to pull of a better one somewhere else? o.O

EDIT: I mean, I'm not the target audience for Rosemon's heaving bosoms, but I'd think most people would want a few good boob jiggles over lots of silly bad ones, right? It's not like the battle needed the jiggle, like, say, how High School of the Dead used it to ramp up the ridiculousness. Just felt like a weird use of time and money that could've been better spent elsewhere.

EDIT 2: Anyway, it's a small point, and it's not worth kicking up a fuss about it. I just thought I'd answer why I found it so jarring and weird.

EDIT 3: Though on second thought, it might be an in-joke. Acoording to TV Tropes, apparently Rosemon in Digimon Savers also fell prey to Gainaxing. o.O
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:45 am Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:

Though on second thought, it might be an in-joke. Acoording to TV Tropes, apparently Rosemon in Digimon Savers also fell prey to Gainaxing. o.O

That Gainaxing list is bullshit, they even list the one that jiggle naturally.
I seriously prefer jiggle boobs over static one, Rosemon boobs physics in tri is not impossible because she not even wearing a bra, do you even see Angewomon boobs jiggle? Nope right? Since she is wearing bra unlike Rosemon

Now that we are talking about it, I felt so disappointed because Kyoani failed to make jiggle boobs in Amagi Brilliant Park but they fixed it in Myriad Phantom(but still they overdo it).

And this is comes from a person who dont even a fan-service maniac.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:47 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

I seriously prefer jiggle boobs over static one

Eh, I thought it was disappointing compared to how well the other fanservice scenes were done, in that they were used to further character development or make a fun subversion of all the times the guys walked in on the girls in the original. I mean, the jiggle only gets three or four frames; it just seems so lazy. But hey, you like what you like, so go you! ^^b
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

That Gainaxing list is bullshit, they even list the one that jiggle naturally.
I seriously prefer jiggle boobs over static one, Rosemon boobs physics in tri is not impossible because she not even wearing a bra, do you even see Angewomon boobs jiggle? Nope right? Since she is wearing bra unlike Rosemon

I'd say the lack of jiggle is purely because the original series head a very small budget so you would be lucky to get any kind of movement like that. Later series had more of a budget to pay attention to those kind of details with similarly dressed characters like Savers and Xros Wars. The fan service in the original series was limited to static shots usually.

-Stuart Smith
Nubrain01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
When the first Tri movie came out I remember several people having a fit about Ty's arc and feeling that it didn't suit his character to be so indecisive. I said to several friends at the time that it made sense if they were exploring a more complex and adult view of their crest virtues.

Courage is easier when backed with the knowledge that what you're doing is right. that you are the good guy and that makes what you're doing right by default. But that black and white view of the world is a child's way of thinking in the real world things are messier than that. Harm can come from good intentions and sometimes there is no perfect answer and even when there is one you may not be able to find it. Of course he doesn't quite understand this yet but i think that's where his arc is going and Mimi and Joe's arc in this movie made that even more clear.

Too me Digimon has always been a show about character growth and as these movies feel more made for adults than children it makes sense to me that they would focus on a much more muddled and complex adult view on the character's core virtues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3