• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Perfect Insider

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
"humans can be kind because there are things they do not understand"

for all of this show's technical shortcomings (and there were a lot) I really liked it for its vision and ambition in the end. The fact that the art direction overlapped so perfectly with my personal taste certainly helped though.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:01 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I also made the mistake of trying to predict the ending of this show and ended up horribly disappointed by it completely missing the mark of my expectations. Perhaps they were too high to start with, but dammit, this show had so many unconventual things right at the start: A moody, dramatic setting with an intriguing but tempermental atmosphere; clever, although at times long-winded banter between characters; and a mysterious tone that slowly grew in complexity and scope beyond the physical dimensions of the darkest parts of human nature...

At the end of it though, what are we left with? The hallmark of a good show leaves you with some aspect, concept, or figurehead that lingers or remains permantly stuck in your mind as an event rather than a spectacle. Will you actually remember this show six months or a year from now for any of these things, good or bad? I won't, at least.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:38 am Reply with quote
There is one important point I don't think was ever addressed.

Does Saikawa wear his hair over his eye like that because he still has a scar from the Incident?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
chito895

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
There is one important point I don't think was ever addressed.

Does Saikawa wear his hair over his eye like that because he still has a scar from the Incident?

I don't think so. There were a couple of scenes in the final episodes that show with his eye without any scar. During the the scene when Moe spoiler[enters that machine that shows your mind], Souhei was seen running and his hair was everywhere, but there was no evidence of a scar.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wonder if they will try to adapt any of the other books in the series for anime. The Perfect Insider is the author's most well know work and this is like its fourth adaptation (Live action series and film, manga), but I don't know if any of his other books (in this series) have ever been adapted (He's also the author behind Mamoru Oshii's The Sky Crawlers film).

If there's something I quite liked, it's the characters... but if none of the other nine novels have had an adaptation... just how bad are they? Maybe just unfilmable?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I saw half the ending coming. I knew the person killed wasn't who it seemed. I didn't guess the second half.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8