• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Most In-Demand Japanese Voice Actresses of 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
vonPeterhof wrote:
WingKing wrote:
Aya Hirano only had one role this year, though, for Nagato Yuki-chan.
Aside from several continuing and long-running shows (Parasyte, Gintama, Jewelpet, etc.) she also had roles in Ultimate Otaku Teacher, Gatchaman Crowds (if Teekyuu and Nisekoi are included in HanaKana's count, I assume this should count as well) and the Girls & Panzer movie. But yeah, still a far cry from the days of her peak popularity.

And that's a reminder of why you should never trust Wikipedia, boys and girls! Although just the fact that no one's apparently bothered to update her page in the last six months says a lot right there about how far her star's fallen.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
And that's a reminder of why you should never trust Wikipedia, boys and girls!
Full disclosure: my info also comes from Wikipedia Wink I only recalled Parasyte and Gatchaman Crowds off the top of my head, and I did notice Ultimate Otaku Teacher on her page in this site's encyclopedia, but Wikipedia pages for VAs are often more convenient in having the roles sorted by years. I guess her remaining Japanese fans have been a bit more meticulous.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I must be out of touch with Japanese voice actors

Yes you are because not being at least aware of the omnipresent Kana Hanazawa and Miyuki Sawashiro is very perplexing.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote
No Saori Hayami?

Snow White, Oregairu, Danmachi, Yamada-kun...she had key roles in all of those, just off the top of my head, and more.
Crystal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Sorta grosses me out that they're all really young. I really hate that seiyuu peak at like 22.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
No Saori Hayami?

Snow White, Oregairu, Danmachi, Yamada-kun...she had key roles in all of those, just off the top of my head, and more.

based on how Lynzee counted roles, she only had about 14 that would count. 3 short of making the list
jirg1901

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
Sorta grosses me out that they're all really young. I really hate that seiyuu peak at like 22.

The average from those is 26. Sawashiro seems older than that because she's been around forever too.

Actually that's the other thing, they average around 10 years of experience anyways.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Schwarzesmarken 2.9%
why that low?
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
How about male seiyuu? Who taken the most roles in 2015?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I must be out of touch with Japanese voice actors

Yes you are because not being at least aware of the omnipresent Kana Hanazawa and Miyuki Sawashiro is very perplexing.

Well, I know Sawashiro for being Fujiko, but her name doesn't leap out to me like, say, Megumi Toyoguchi would.

Sigh. I'm becoming a fossil.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Well, I know Sawashiro for being Fujiko, but her name doesn't leap out to me like, say, Megumi Toyoguchi would.

Sigh. I'm becoming a fossil.

Miyuki Sawashiro has got quite a fame since the mid 2000s, Kana Hanazawa, Aoi Yuuki and Yoko Hikasa since about 2009, and their popularity boosted during the last six years. Similar like Aoi Yuuki, Ayane Sakura and Maaya Uchida got more attention since 2011 or something.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, voice actors is honestly something I don't really pay attention to. There might be some I can identify. Guess that I've yet to really run into some where I really want to know who they are. Certainly, performances catch my ear, but I can't say that a voice actor would ever be an influence on whether or not I would watch a show.

I'm similar with actors (obviously, they are much easier to identify...cause you don't have to look at the credits to know who they are). There are very few actors that would have me watching a movie that I did not like the preview/synopsis for.

And, the few actors that might sway me, are comedic ones in guys like Steve Carell and Paul Rudd. Even then, there are movies from those two that I'll never watch...

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I did not realize just how much of my money went into anime this year until that poll.

Haha, yeah...me too...

I'm trying to remember what they were. Definitely over 5. I think some would be Koimonogatari, Karen, Engaged to the Unidentified...TWGOK season 3 and OVAs, Ben-To, Nobunagun...and in the last month I got my hands on the Garden of Sinners set, along with the 3 seasons of Full Metal Panic!

So, yeah, definitely over 5. Some others that I'm unsure if I grabbed them at the end of 2014 or start of 2015. And, out of all the ones I've bought, only ones I've yet to see are FMP and Karen. Hoping to get around to them during the summer holidays!
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Aoi Yuuki is such a good voice actor. she and Saori Hayami never fail to impress me.
Varin15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
Your hard work has truly paid off! You're really my most favourite voice actress! I gained a great deal of respect on you and will continue to support you. Not only in voice acting career, but also in your singing career, which I heard your album made it into top in Japan this week. And I know great things lie ahead of you. I'll always be here to support you. Cheers! I love you, Maaya! <3
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
Yes, Ms. Uchida is a great talent and I appreciate your feelings, but as I was reminded in some posts a few months ago for an Answerman column, (dude) she can't hear you...What's posted on ANN apparently stays on ANN and doesn't go overseas. Wish it were different. She has a fan site "Always Maaya" which probably gives you a better chance to be heard. Links are on ANN's Maaya Uchida info page.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4