• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nakayoshi Announces 60th Anniversary Anime Theme Song Album

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I said this on my blog already, but I'll repeat it here:

This is some straight up BS.

Why the HELL are there so many Sailor Moon songs?! Does it kill Nakayoshi to give it’s other manga some attention? Hasn’t it milked Sailor Moon enough this past year? If they wanted an album solely dedicated to Sailor Moon songs, great. But if you’re going to advertise this as a collection of anime opening and ending themes, give them all some equal attention! Some of them only have one song (I’m actually surprised they only gave Card Captor Sakura one song on this album, seeing as how they’ve been milking it just as much this past year).

I know most of these anime weren’t very long, but they could have at least included the opening and ending themes for all of them, maybe an insert song too. So then every anime would have at least 2-3 songs listed. It would have been much fairer. Instead the entire second disc is a disappointment.

This 60th anniversary of Nakayoshi has been extremely disappointing, with a ridiculous amount of attention given to Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura, and barely any attention given to any of their other popular manga, except for a small spot in the logo.

Last edited by Aquamine-Amarine on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I already own pretty much every classic Sailor Moon song, many multiple times over, on legitimate imported Japanese CDs but I'd actually consider getting this set if just for the first Miracle Girls theme song, which is almost like a Japanese version of a Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" song.

Also, I have a Cardcaptor Sakura CD with the TV-size version of the Gumi "Catch You Catch Me" song and a full-size version sung by Sakura Tange herself, but I don't have the full-size Gumi version so that might be another incentive for me to get this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

I don't have the full-size Gumi version so that might be another incentive for me to get this.

That was my question: Are the songs TV size or the full length versions?

Because SOLD if it's the latter.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote
I presume they're all the longest version of the songs available. I suspect the reason that they were able to cram in 21 tracks on the first disk is that the theme songs of some of the early Nakayoshi TV adaptations weren't ever released as singles, or at least not as singles longer than what you actually hear on television.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 am Reply with quote
I think it's really cheap to have all of those BSSM songs on there when the Classic anime already had its own time to shine music-wise on the anniversary CD for SM itself. Like?? Really?

Also kind of silly that they stopped with Sabagebu, but thinking about it, I can't think of a more recent anime adaption. I've been kind of mixed about Nakayoshi lately. Up to the early 00s, I generally liked their line-up, but I think the last few years have been too mixed in terms of what they're giving to the audience. :/

It's starting to show in the treatment of their anniversary material, aside from the magical girl specific stuff. I wish Nakayoshi would go through a change and channel their older structure and set-up, not that they were always perfect.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:40 am Reply with quote
There are a lot of very nice songs on that set, and it is actually rather inexpensive for 36 songs, assuming they are the full songs**.
I already have everything that I am familiar with so I probably will not buy this, but at that price I will at least think about it. It is possible that I might like the songs that I have not heard yet better than those that I have.

**It bothers me a bit that neither Kai-You nor Nippon Columbia give the times of the songs on the track lists. But I guess that the information will have to come out eventually. I certainly would insist on knowing the lengths of the songs before I bought any CD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1