• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sailor Moon Teases 'New Project' in Addition to 3rd Crystal Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm probably the only one not excited about this...Crying or Very sad

All I have to say is (in MY opinion), that all the bad art and animation, mediocre storytelling, and horrendous characterization that was in the first two arcs better not happen here, or I along with a lot of others will most likely be like this: Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, but I'm just worried that once Uranus and Neptune show up on the screen, they too, like Sailors Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter (IMO) will be the next characters to be neutered down...especially considering fanfiction about them is the third most searched on the Internet... Crying or Very sad

About the Parallel Moon thing, I don't think it would work also. I REALLY hate the Parallel Moon manga chapter.

And I don't want a CGI movie, why CGI at all? 2D animation is practially dead these days!!! Anime hyper There was already Saint Seiya: Legendary of Sanctury and that was horrendous!!

I also hope that Megumi Ogata and Masako Katsuki come back and reprise their roles; I don't think anyone else (not counting about the musicals here) could do those roles justice.

Or like I said earlier, I'm just gonna stick with the manga and 90's anime and that's it.
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Haterater wrote:
If its animated, I'm game. Especially if its new material or things that expands the show's lore.

Speaking of games, didn't Tak Miyazoe from Bandai Namco months back state in an IGN article that if there was enough demand for it, the company could push for the development a new Sailor Moon game? I mean the chances seem iffy to me personally, but who knows?

EDIT: Oh wait! That was Gamespot article, not IGN.

Ohh, I need to hunt this down~! I really hope it gets a good game. I want it to be on par with the One Piece ones though, and not get the PreCure treatment. I would love another RPG, but I would also settle for a board style mini-game collection, like that really cute, arcade one. Or another beat-em-up!

Sailor Sedna wrote:

( . . . )

Well, we don't know if this will be an animated project, some live-action, a video game or what.

If you don't mind, or are into musicals, I suggest giving the new ones a try. They're really incredible. The old ones are cool too, but the new ones are easier to keep track of, have great quality, and are fun adaptions.

I'll guess you have already tried PGSM and did not enjoy it. x'D;
It seems very hit or miss with fandom, and a lot of people seem to ignore its existence, or are so unaware?? I guess that's now that Crystal is around, because it feels different compared to before Crystal was a thing (or a reboot anime at all).
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Hum. . . . I wonder if this new side project is either going to be a mini anime for the side manga Sailor V or an OVA for the short stories in volume 11 of the original? Although they did use Kaguya-hime no Koibito as source material to help make the 2nd Sailor Moon movie so I'm not sure if they'll include that one. But I would still love to see Casablanca Memory and Parallel Sailor Moon animated! Especially Casablanca since Rei is my favorite senshi. Very Happy
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
A Sailor V anime would be cool. I don't think that should be a movie though. The Sailor V manga is very monster-of-the-day, and while there is some continuity between the chapters, there's no way to pace it into one story without some significant changes.

With that said, if it is indeed a Sailor V anime, it would be the highlight of the entire Crystal project!

Maybe they could also animate some of the short stories...
CCTakato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm predicting this will either be a new video game or a new movie or possibly OVA special. If it's a movie or OVA, I imagine since they've already spoiler[teased Human Luna at the end of the Dark Kingdom arc] that it will likely be a new adaptation of the Princess Kaguya special as that takes place after the end of the third arc of the manga. And can someone inform ANN the third arc is referred to as the Infinity arc, not the Death Busters arc? I've been seeing them call it the Death Busters arc and as a diehard Sailor Moon fan, I feel like it's something that should be nitpicked about. >>
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:46 am Reply with quote
I dislike pretty much everything about Crystal, but I do enjoy watching it ironically (because I am moonie trash and I hate myself) so I'll probably watch whatever secret project they're working on.

Although if the "secret project" is anything like we saw in that one really cool music video, sign me the eff up! Laughing
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
Has the original Sailor Moon anime been released on BD in Japan?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:51 am Reply with quote
I would love a movie or OVA series detailing the past of Princess Serenity, the four senshi, and the four generals. They detailed it in the musical's novel that was supervised by Takeuchi and GOD I WANT IT ANIMATED PLEEZ JUPITER GIVING LAP PILLOW TO NEPHRITE YES
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:59 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I would love a movie or OVA series detailing the past of Princess Serenity, the four senshi, and the four generals. They detailed it in the musical's novel that was supervised by Takeuchi

As much as I'm sure everyone would LOVE for that to happen, it's rather doubtful since Toei has proven time and again that they don't always work well with Naoko Takeuchi and what she wants. But still. . . . I SO WANT TO SEE THAT HAPPEN! Anime cry
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:04 am Reply with quote
It's likely a fourth musical based off the Dream arc. An OVA of a Sailor V adventure is unlikely, we have a better chance of getting a manga side-story done, like the one with Rei and her dad.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:02 am Reply with quote
BlueCatMage wrote:

As much as I'm sure everyone would LOVE for that to happen, it's rather doubtful since Toei has proven time and again that they don't always work well with Naoko Takeuchi and what she wants. But still. . . . I SO WANT TO SEE THAT HAPPEN! Anime cry

Well, but Crystal was done with Takeuchi's approval, as far as we know, so it's nothing like the many complaints she had with the first anime (no HUGE slit in the Black Lady dress, Zoisite and Kunzite weren't in a relationship, etc). Aaaaand the shitennou are a drawing point for modern day female fans in Japan (for once, I thank you fujoshi lol). Anyway. Anything could happen.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:54 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
no HUGE slit in the Black Lady dress

Sorry, just looking for clarification here, but doesn't the original art by Takeuchi of Black Lady also show her in a very high-slit dress? Why would this be a complaint from the author if she herself put it there? o.O
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote
If this new mystery project turns out to be an anime show, I hope it will be miles better than Sailor Moon Crystal.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:46 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Has the original Sailor Moon anime been released on BD in Japan?

Nope
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
From what I read of the comments here, a new Sailor V anime would be cool, yes, along with a film about the Silver Millenium.

One thing I do wanna say though, Naoko was actually kinda mixed about the first anime in general; some parts she liked, some hated. We still don't know what her reaction towards Crystal is though.

One more thing, I actually did find some Sailor Moon fan films on Youtube. Want me to provide links?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4