• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses I Was Abducted by an Elite All-Girls School as a Sample Commoner Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Kai99 wrote:

Not with a girl who looks like she is ten.

Think 10 is a gross exaggeration.
Kai99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:53 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Kai99 wrote:

Not with a girl who looks like she is ten.

Think 10 is a gross exaggeration.

13 at the highest.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Anime adaption will be probably be soon, since Japan is eating up harem light novels at this point.

So soon, it's this October!!! Laughing
Quote:

As for me, I'm always stand-offish when it comes to manga adaptions of LNs. Good chance that this will be an incomplete adaption, and since it will already have that in anime form...I'd rather just check out the anime.

If I enjoy the anime, then I will keep my eye on the manga. Probably not going to see the LNs brought over, but I'll keep an eye on it in case they actually do end up covering the whole LN series.

I'm currently doing so with the Spice & Wolf manga, and will do the same with the OreGairu manga (and will be buying the novels of both series)

May seem strange to some that people would double dip. I did this with the Haruhi novels/manga, and glad that I did. It is a different experience having to envision events for yourself, and then see an artist's interpretation of that same material.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:13 am Reply with quote
^I actually double or triple dip a lot, mostly for the same reason you mentioned: I like to see different interpretations of the same story/characters. (And I did this before I worked for ANN. Very Happy ) The exception is when I favor one version significantly; I'll try not to read others that might taint that particular experience; right now the only one I'm really doing that with is DanMachi, where I have no desire to read the manga.

As for those ludicrously long titles, my sister heard this one, sighed heavily, and said, "Is there no subtlety anymore?" Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
TrailOfDead wrote:
I can't wait for I Tried To Make My Light Novel Title Too Long To Fit On the Cover, But It Was a Smash Hit and Now the Anime Is Into Its Third Season

You should make that title an actual series.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading the first chapter of this(manga version). I wonder why the description fails to mention his.... unique... qualification.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
^I actually double or triple dip a lot, mostly for the same reason you mentioned: I like to see different interpretations of the same story/characters. (And I did this before I worked for ANN. Very Happy )

Awesome, I'm not alone! Laughing

Princess_Irene wrote:
The exception is when I favor one version significantly; I'll try not to read others that might taint that particular experience; right now the only one I'm really doing that with is DanMachi, where I have no desire to read the manga.

Understandable, as I also have some series where I'll only be experiencing them in one format. A couple I can think of, off the top of my head, are Maid-Sama and Lovely Complex. Love both of the anime series, and while I've been tempted to pick up the manga for both, have decided against doing so.

I feel like the journey with those characters reached a point that I'm happy with. Don't feel like I'd need to experience it differently, so I just re-watch the shows if I want to see them again.

Rising of the Shield Hero is another one that may be on that list. Pre-ordered the first 2 novels, but unsure if I want to get the manga too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2