• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Lumine Nation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I hope Rose and Karin return. I know Karin gets a lot of hate though. I don't have any problem with her.

With Karin, it's a matter of Capcom working out another permission deal with her creator from the old Sakura manga (I get the feeling her mangaka has turned them down nonstop since mid 2000). That's largely why she hasn't been seen in much of anything since Namco x Capcom and Capcom Fighting Evolution. As for the hate, we all know it's because of the snooty way she acts, but it's not like she's the first snarky ojou-sama to ever exist in fiction. Besides, her "succeed above all else" attitude has greatly lightened since her loss to Sakura, so she's a lot more likable in comparison to her earlier portrayal.

How come she showed up in Udon's comics, then?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
How come she showed up in Udon's comics, then?

I was referring to Japanese productions, not Canadian ones.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
I am more annoyed by the fact that they gave her breasts, since she has always been supossed to be relatively flat,

Cammy's breast size has fluctuated over the years due to different artists so she's never been canonically flat chested.

jr0904 wrote:

Personally, i would rather have some of the popular characters from the EX series as the new characters for SFV

EX had popular characters that weren't the SF2 cast?

Quote:
Ace Attorney needed some changes after the fifth game, and we saw them with the spin-off Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

Not to be the guy but Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright came out two years before Saiban 5.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I will agree to disagree that R Mika is 'crass sexualization' because a lot of female pro wrestling has had sexual designs for decades. Mika is probably the most accurately dressed for representing her martial art next to Adon and Honda (who also sports a thong).

Also, her fighting style has always been the most unique considering she always was a strangely technical mid-range grappler and it was fun in Alpha 3. Sure she is a sexual character but she had a ton of personality, a great voice and representing pro wrestling more accurately than Zangief was always a nice touch.

Some people don't like her, that's fine. Their opinion. To me, R Mika is a very fun addition. Also her moves are revamped quite drastically and now she looks a lot easier to use. I have to admit, I think it's funny people throw a fit about her being sexual. Well, Street Fighter needs a good share of sexy gals an the modeling in this game looks amazingly well done to suit both serious and schlocky characters like Birdie.
Brian_FTP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 am Reply with quote
Cammy looked downright fierce in the beta. I honestly didn't find a problem with her sharp chin. I guess some people will go to great lengths to just find ANYTHING to complain about, huh? Cammy's chin?? Sheesh. Anyway, she looks younger with the rounded chin. Does anyone know exactly when SFV takes place? There was some talk on some fighting game sites that it does not take place after SFIV.

By the way, that alt looks sweet. I should cancel my GameStop pre-order and get it from Best Buy. Smile
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:39 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
well cammy is supsosed to be inspired by gally, so making her ugly does nto really work, I am more annoyed by the fact that they gave her breasts, since she has always been supossed to be relatively flat, the doll with big breasts is juli.

jr0904 wrote:

Personally, i would rather have some of the popular characters from the EX series as the new characters for SFV

this almost ruined your post, it's almost as asking for spiderman or wolverine to be there.

and how's that? cause there are people other than me that do want to see some of the popular characters of the EX series.

Especially EX characters like Kairi , Hokuto ,Garuda , Docterine Dark, Skullomaina , Shadowgeist and Sharon.

sure not all of the EX characters,but one or two of the more popular ones to say the least.especially Kairi whose the most popular among the EX characters.

BadNewsBlues wrote:

jr0904 wrote:

EX had popular characters that weren't the SF2 cast?

uh...let me think. YES! that series had very popular characters that werent in the SFII or Alpha cast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad Capcom don't give a sh*t about the sensitive crowd who got all hung up in the sexualization bs. She makes a good addition to SF chars with her fun and light-hearted design. Makes the cast more diverse with all the serious characters introduced so far.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:

I'm so glad Capcom don't give a sh*t about the sensitive crowd who got all hung up in the sexualization bs.

Heheh, Capcom doesn't give a sh*t about a lot of sensitive crowds. They don't to those sensitive about Mega Man, sensitive about the horror of Resident Evil, sensitive about ubiquitous DLCs, etc. Laughing
Trysail

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:

this almost ruined your post, it's almost as asking for spiderman or wolverine to be there.

and how's that?

Because Capcom doesn't own the rights to any of those characters. At least Spiderman and Wolverine have appeared in a Capcom game in the last ten years unlike Skullomania & co.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

uh...let me think. YES! that series had very popular characters that werent in the SFII or Alpha cast.

Popular enough to be forgotten in subsequent sequels and most crossovers?
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Both Maile Flanagan and Junko Takeuchi voice Rainbow Mika? I love stuff like this.

Well, Mika kind of looks like Naruto. I mean Naruko.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

Especially EX characters like Kairi , Hokuto ,Garuda , Docterine Dark, Skullomaina , Shadowgeist and Sharon.

sure not all of the EX characters,but one or two of the more popular ones to say the least.especially Kairi whose the most popular among the EX characters.

All of which were created by & belong to Arika, not Capcom. Therefore, none of them are likely to appear in SFV. I can't find it right now, but it's been stated before by Capcom that EX characters are very unlikely to be seen in new Street Fighter games; even a new EX game is not going to happen.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:20 am Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
I'm so glad Capcom don't give a sh*t about the sensitive crowd who got all hung up in the sexualization bs. She makes a good addition to SF chars with her fun and light-hearted design. Makes the cast more diverse with all the serious characters introduced so far.

actually they do. in a good way. cause as stated by the success of DOA5 and the extreme beach volleyball series, sexualization do sells which is why mika designs have her boobs the same as Mai from king of fighters / fatal fury. probably why they gave the cheerleader tiffany from the rival school series the same designs.

and speaking of which, just as with the EX characters i could possibly see some of the more popular characters from Rival Schools in this game as DLC characters too.or in the eventual Super & Ultra versions of SFV since those characters do belong to Capcom.

Especially characters like Bastu and his classmates from Tayio high school. not to mention Kyo and his Mugen demon version which would give akuma or Oni a run for their money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Mika is surely an odd choice of character to include...but i'll take it. Never despised her as much as others seem to.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
casualfan wrote:

actually they do. in a good way. cause as stated by the success of DOA5 and the extreme beach volleyball series, sexualization do sells which is why mika designs have her boobs the same as Mai from king of fighters / fatal fury.

That's somewhat ironic consider DOA5 toned down some of the female characters cup size.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3