• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funniest Anime Scenes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
One scene of bobobo had me rolling on the floor. I cant remember what the episode was about spoiler[but I remember this guy attaching to bobobos leg when he calls on his armor. It then flashes back to a scene where he's telling his family that he's how he's decided to become body armor. Then they start talking about how plastic is replacing humans and how he thinks humans can still do things plastic can never do. ] To this day one of my favorite scenes in anime.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Practically all of the comedy scenes in Samurai Champloo is hilarious! I found the facial expressions exceptionally funny. [Samurai Champloo]spoiler[When Mugen was being taught reading lessons by some teacher, he suddenly hit him or something because he wasn‘t listening. Another is when Mugen and Jin go to the red light district and then Mugen was with a young girl who later on turned out to be the daughter of the chief of police.] I don't fully remember those scenes.. And also, the baseball episode. I found that really funny too.

The anime His and her circumstances has some very comical scenes as well.
[Kare Kano]spoiler[When Asaba had a rose in his mouth while describing how sexy his body was. lol His body was all shiny. ]

Air Gear is pretty funny too. The Tagalog dub of Shin Chan was crazy.
Somehow I don't find the English dub funny as funny. Probably because in the Tagalog dub , Shin's voice was a grown man's voice. So deep and husky, like an alcoholic guy. Laughing He never called his mother "MOM" either. He just called her, no, yelled her name Carmen in such a crude way. haha

Last edited by KAtchan15 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
san-san

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
From Ouran High School Host Club, Episode 19 (I think )
spoiler[ the part when the fangirls were fangirling and that one fangirl approached Benio or whatever her name is then (if I remember well) she says somethin squeal-worthy and thouches her face and she basically gathers all this hot air in her shirt then lets it out when the Lesbian Head Honcho touches her. The first time I laughed so hard it didn't help the weird representation of the fangirls which were some kind of food either tiny octopus thingers or oddly sausages were absolutely histerical]
ehhh....that whole episode was funny Smile
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching I my me strawberry eggs and all of the scenes with spoiler[the two perverts are hysterical. Especially when they are spying on the girls dorms and Hibiki gets the nickname "bra man"] Priceless.
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quote
Papers wrote:
One scene of bobobo had me rolling on the floor. I can't remember what the episode was about spoiler[but I remember this guy attaching to bobobos leg when he calls on his armor. It then flashes back to a scene where he's telling his family that he's how he's decided to become body armor. Then they start talking about how plastic is replacing humans and how he thinks humans can still do things plastic can never do. ] To this day one of my favorite scenes in anime.

A lot of the stuff in Bobobo can be funny because they are weird and random. Like, the characters would be worried about something for one moment and then later one of them acts like nothing is wrong. I find Bobobo funny at times for some of these things.

Although I'm not too much of a Full Metal Alchemist fan there was one scene that I laughed at and found memorable. spoiler[Edward's dad asked him if he drinks milk. Then Ed who doesn't like anyone saying anything about his size decides to punch him. Then everyone was like "Edward that's not what he meant".]I laughed because Ed was being a bitch about it Laughing
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
episode 24 of Ouran, period.spoiler[Tamaki spent practically the entire episode as limp, spaced out, depressed, partically unconcious, and often completely white. not to mention that Kasanoda/Bossanova/Casa nova-kun was trying to say something to Haruhi. meanwhile all of the fangirls thought it was a yaoi scene, and Renge was making a crapload of phonecalls getting people to come over ASAP, looking through those old fashioned binoculars. then when he got "dumped" all of the girls swarmed over, all excited about the moeness. it was also the episode when Tamaki finally snapped out of the father x daughter thing because of Kasanoda making a point, which made him go limp again.] Laughing Laughing great episode.
Manganime00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote
I'd have to say that one scene from Ouran High School Host Club when spoiler[that dark and creepy guy was trying to speak in a princely charming way and just could not get it right. That was soooo funny. Also when the guys dressed as girls, oh my gosh I just couldn't stop laughing.]
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:11 am Reply with quote
GTO, again:
spoiler[Onizuka, acting like Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star, and even drawing the star-scars on his chest with a magic marker.]
Static29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote
im gonna have to say in Great Teacher Onizuka when spoiler[ when onizuka is driving the truck, and finds out he can do the interview to be a teacher, how he hauls ass back in that truck, with all the police chasing him]

also when the vice principlespoiler[ sees his car destroyed! "MY BEAUTIFUL CRESTA!!!!! lmao, the facial expressions in this series make it so funny]
NocturnalUX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Excel Saga's first episode is simply hilarious. Especially the scene in which Excel is about to spoiler[kill Koshi Rikudo. He is happily drawing some manga while he hums about how worthless manga artists are and how no one would care if they were to disappear off the face of the earth.] Hyatt's numerous death scenes are pretty funny as well, especially when the doctor and nurse witness her resurrection and proceed to be extremely freaked. Oh and puchus. Who dance around Hyatt's coffin-like capsule and are the epitome of cuteness.
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:42 am Reply with quote
Oh whoops I got the scene I named in the wrong order. Just saw that episode of FMA again.

spoiler[When Edward sees his dad at first and suspects him of something, then goes up to him to punch him in the face. Then later when his dad asks about milk, he kicks him.]
marianomaldo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I actually tried to open a "funny anime" thread myself which got blocked about a week ago, ( it wasnt actualy scene but whole anime series) but anyhow i think that one of the funniest scene i seen has to be in Great Teacher Onizuka spoiler[ when they fake the pictures of him doing the weird stuff ] allmost wet my pants. Razz Razz Razz
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Lovely Complex is one of the funniest anime I've seen lately. I think the funniest scene from the series is the one from episode 4 or 5, which revealedspoiler[ Seiko's "true nature". Seiko was actually Seishiro. Laughing Seeing her, er, him without a top ]was just so shocking that I had to rewind twice just to be sure, and while I was doing that I just couldn't help but laugh out loud.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote
So far, my winner would have to be the entire Haiku episode from Peacemaker. Hijikata was completely out of character (of course that was part of what was so funny about it), there's something very wrong about it happening in the middle of a depiction of real historical events that weren't funny at all to say the least, and the whole idea shouldn't have worked in the context of the series - but it was so completely ridiculous, and kept snowballing so well as more and more people got involved besides Okita and Tetsu, that I couldn't help laughing my behind off through the whole thing. My favorite moment - spoiler[Tetsu's priceless, quivering reaction when Okita "abandons" him to face a completely enraged Hijikata alone after having started the whole mess himself in the first place.] Some of the comic relief in the series didn't work *cough*Saizu*cough*, but I thought the Haiku incident did.
countchocula86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Just about every one of Kuro-yans reactions in Yakitate!! Japan. And Kawatchis. If I had to pick one it would be when he reacts to the mango, ahahhaha
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8