• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crayon Shin-Chan's Next Film Trailer Reveals Mexico-Based Story

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
There are much bigger things for everybody to deal with who are part of or study Mexico-related issues than with Shin-chan. This isn't about assassinating their prime minister, after all.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
This isn't about assassinating their prime minister, after all.

That would be a tad impossible to be blunt. Now, if someone made a movie about assassinating our current president ... it would probably be over here a box office hit (specially if they made their mansion blow up in good old hollywood fashion)! His level of ineptitude has given him about a 40% approval rating (and he has barely finished 1/3 of his term)

Now, back on the issue, a simple truth, over here the average citizen has a problem telling apart japanese, chinese and korean (similar to our neighbors in the north); therefore it would be quite difficult for any kind of manifestation to be effective ("Do we stop buying their shoes?" "Those are Chinese" "Then we stop buying their cellphones" "The good ones are korean, the cheap ones are chinese". "Then we stop eating sushi" "Those restaurants are owned by nationals and in japan they do not add avocado to their sushi").
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
But I don't want the Mexican media finding out about this Shin-Chan film and blow it out of proportion which would cause massive protests from Mexican people that don't even know about anime or Japan.

mangamuscle has already said it multiple times, but I'll repeat it just for you: There are way too many LARGER issues going on in Mexico making everyone angry and protesting; even if some media picks this news it will pass by as an anecdotic silly thing going on in Japan. Students are getting kidnapped or killed by the government on a weekly basis, and new cases of corruption and dirty deals between the government, big corporations and drug cartels get uncovered all the time, I swear to god nobody will give a holy fudge about Crayon Shin-chan going for some lame common place stereotypes. Heck, some people -myself included- find it almost funny. Like how the bus in the trailer has the color of Mexico City buses, although the entire scenery is desertic. If Mexican people rioted over lame stereotypes, half of the American movies and tv shows ever made would get black listed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3