• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Hello, yes. It is vital for me to know what anime this is and if it is good:

getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
No Game No Life, and it's like a combination of the best parts of Problem Children are coming... aren't they? and Outbreak Company
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, getchman
4DObserver

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
Saw a anime when I was child during the mid 90's. From the looks of it, I believe the show/movie was from the 80's, but I could be wrong. Because I only saw snippets of it, I couldn't tell if it was a tv show, movie, or ova. What I did remember was rather arresting. Apparently there's a pair of siblings hiding in a house from something. Their parents were asleep, or perhaps somewhere else, I can't remember. The key thing is that apparently a comet, or something that looks like it, passed through the sky, and prompty turned the sibling's parents, and all the rest of the adults in their town, into stone figures. Moments later, apparently an evil force some kind "resurrects" those stone figures to walk out in uniform formation as if their a stone zombie army.

Can anyone help?
adsygo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:59 am Reply with quote
Hi all,
I'm new here. I have been looking for an anime for years without any result. I watched a few episodes when I was a kid (in the 90s), and only remember some vague details. It began like this: there are two close friends (guys) who are some sort of martial art fighters, one is a bit more arrogant, the other one is mild-mannered. One day they seem to get sucked into a fantasy world where there are full of many other fighters. While getting there, the arrogant guy kind of loses his memory. The fighters in that fantasy world have the ability to transform into some animal armours when they need more strength, or something like that. The two friends also get that ability, one transforms into dragon armour, the other one transforms into tiger armour. I don't remember which one to which. Then they sort of go around, fight each other. And the mild-mannered guy tries to get his arrogant friend to regain his memory.

Okay...I hope this does not sound stupid but that is all left in my mind. Anyone know this anime please let me know. Thanks a ton Smile
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:01 am Reply with quote
Adsygo, that sounds a lot like Tenku Senki Shurato. Might that be the anime you are remembering?
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote
So, I was reading the RahXephon wikipedia page, and noticed this one line: "After planning the story and designing characters and locations, a core group was expanded to a full production staff that completed the show, primarily working together — a departure from the trend of outsourcing anime production." What exacly does outsourcing mean? I've heard people using this word when talking about anime, but never really understood what it means. Confused
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
4DObserver, the only thing I can think of with a scene at all like what you are describing is Unico in the Island of Magic. However, several of the details are different from what you gave. It does have a scene where almost everyone in a town get turned to stone figures. The stone figures then come to life and march off in a line. There are a pair of siblings, however all the other details are different than what you gave. One of the siblings is the one who turns the people to stone and then brings the stone figures to life. His sister is hiding in a house with a little unicorn, who is the main character. If you think you could have gotten those details wrong, then that might be what you saw, but otherwise it would have to be something else with a similar scene.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
So, I was reading the RahXephon wikipedia page, and noticed this one line: "After planning the story and designing characters and locations, a core group was expanded to a full production staff that completed the show, primarily working together — a departure from the trend of outsourcing anime production." What exacly does outsourcing mean? I've heard people using this word when talking about anime, but never really understood what it means. :?

The word, in any context, means to get from an "out"side "source". Usually, in the case of anime, it's Korean inbetweening, etc. Basically, something is either done "in house" or it's "outsourced".
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Oh, I get it now. Thanks. Smile
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
Adsygo, that sounds a lot like Tenku Senki Shurato. Might that be the anime you are remembering?

That's what I was thinking as well.
adsygo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:

Holy.... Yesss! Thanks so so so much!
Wyad76

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Hi I am looking for the name of an anime. The synopsis is about a father who creates a school for him with only girls attending. The whole reason is for him to choose a bride.
pibburns

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
Wyad76 wrote:
Hi I am looking for the name of an anime. The synopsis is about a father who creates a school for him with only girls attending. The whole reason is for him to choose a bride.

Do you know the time period for this anime? A relatively recent anime with a plot similar to this is Nakaimo -- My Little Sister is Among Them. This had a Region 1 release from Sentai Filmworks.

Do you know the time period (e.g., approximate year) of the anime you are seeking? What was the language in which you watched it?
potatopurplexs3

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone. A few years ago, I was in Michigan and was watching a local tv station on a saturday morning. This channel was showing what I think it might be an anime (the characters eyes looked very anime-like, which led to me to believe it was an anime.) and looked to be either from the 70's or 80's. The only characters I remember were two, a boy with dark grey skin and a talking bat, and they were in a cave. Those are the only things I remember about it since I saw the very end of it. If anyone could tell me what this is (or it it's an anime or not.) I would be very grateful, since it's been bugging me ever since.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 478 of 572