• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Saint's Row IV Anime Pack Gives You All the "Eastern Cultural Happiness" You Nee

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow, never thought Volition Game would do this, I bet Saints Row IV will get a surge in sales not only in US among anime fans, but in Japan also. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hojo 360

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Eh after flying and smashing up the town for an hour this game gets old fast something like this won't drag me back Very Happy
VampireWicked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Speak for yourself hojo 360, i've totally enjoyed playing SaintsRowIV since i've got it two months ago.
And i've been playing it everyday since & i have 3different accounts with SaintsRowIV save files.

I just bought the anime pack & loving the anime pigtails.
Wanting more.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I honestly have never played saints row 1 - 4 but I can say this the level of pink on the female costume is nauseating and the whole look of the guys face with the alternate outfit seems weird to me like the guys whole face is bigger then his whole freaking head. as for the weapons iffy at best in my opinion
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting on the new GTA 5 story pack myself.
onyonz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
" Get hair defying the elements of winds!"
top lel.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
VampireWicked wrote:
Speak for yourself hojo 360, i've totally enjoyed playing SaintsRowIV since i've got it two months ago.
And i've been playing it everyday since & i have 3different accounts with SaintsRowIV save files.

Wanting more.
I was pff enjoy your pack id rather play with anime outfits in PSO2 then something mindless like this but hey to each his / her own you like this game nice! have fun
VampireWicked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
VampireWicked wrote:

Wanting more.
I was pff enjoy your pack id rather play with anime outfits in PSO2 then something mindless like this but hey to each his / her own you like this game nice! have fun

I totally am, nothing wrong with mindless fun & chaotic excitement every now & then.
It would be Phantasy Star Online 2 that puts me to sleep.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
Lets not pretend PSO2 is the epitome of gaming depth. Fun game, but SR4 is also fun. A lot of it is the humorous implementation of the writing, characters, and presentation. And the other part is up to how the player plays. A true sandbox game. Don't just write it off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
VampireWicked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Lets not pretend PSO2 is the epitome of gaming depth. Fun game, but SR4 is also fun. A lot of it is the humorous implementation of the writing, characters, and presentation. And the other part is up to how the player plays. A true sandbox game. Don't just write it off.

I agree.
I like how it gets out of the thug/gangsta routine slowly & gets a little civil yet insane.
It steps outside the same old same old gangsta theft auto dullsville & goes nuts while letting the gamers enjoy themselves..........Not saying GTAV is bad either, just saying in SaintsRow i need more then stealing cars & drinking alcohol & i'm so happy they got away from that.

I do however think SaintsRowIV could use more of anime influences. I'd love to see Bleach influences lol
Running Wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
They need to make a sandbox style game with 100% anime cell shaded graphics...

80's style. Like City Hunter.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
This isn't as good as their Golgo 13 homage, their TOGO-13 rifle.

BTW, on these "talkback" pages, the title of this article is cut off. This is an unintended consequence of ANN's bogus "We know how many characters per line are good for you, so shut up and take it!" site redesign idea.

...whoever did this ANN site redesign should be preeminently qualified for a job at CGI Federal. Seriously, the only way that they could be more qualified is if they were responsible for that period of time a few months back when the ANN site went down.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1