• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you read your manga on?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I have my manga on Stone Tablets. Now, that's OLD SKOOL.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
I have my manga on Stone Tablets. Now, that's OLD SKOOL.

Moses is that you?
wookiee2099

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The bathroom is the Switzerland of your house

Laughing That is classic. My husband reads in the potty all the time, I need to pass this description on to him.

Anyone see the episode of Seinfeld where George was bringing books into the bathroom at the bookstore? Looks like a lot of manga is "red-flagged" here. Wink

As for me, I read manga on the sofa, under a warm blanket with a dog or two (or four Wink ) at my feet. It's cozy and the lighting is good.

I read lots of novels on the train (I have an hour commute to/from work) but I am particular about not messing up my manga (with creases and crushed pages from being in my backpack), so I don't bring them with me.
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
demonkinsin wrote:
I often find myself doing multiple things at once and reading on the toilet is one of them.

I was in the bathroom at work yesterday, and a guy who was seated on the throne across the row from me got a phonecall...AND ANSWERED IT. AND WAS ON THE PHONE FOR A GOOD 3 OR 4 MINUTES. Compared to that, reading manga while you're dropping the kids off at the pool seems pretty innocuous, doesn't it?

I tend to not read manga while doing my business, but I have read many an issue of Animerica under those conditions....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
demonkinsin wrote:
I often find myself doing multiple things at once and reading on the toilet is one of them.

I was in the bathroom at work yesterday, and a guy who was seated on the throne across the row from me got a phonecall...AND ANSWERED IT. AND WAS ON THE PHONE FOR A GOOD 3 OR 4 MINUTES. Compared to that, reading manga while you're dropping the kids off at the pool seems pretty innocuous, doesn't it?

I tend to not read manga while doing my business, but I have read many an issue of Animerica under those conditions....

Did you then proceed to wipe yourself with the Animerica issue? Some might argue that is what it was intended for.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Did you then proceed to wipe yourself with the Animerica issue? Some might argue that is what it was intended for.

I'm talking old issues of Animerica, like, pre-2000. Certainly not those Viz-advertising-circulars-masquerading-as-a-magazine little things they give away now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ElfOne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I read manga on the toilet but sometimes as nasty as this may sound reading on the toilet just doesn't work for me when PRESSING MATTERS are at hand! You know sometimes you must concentrate on the DootY & really can't focus on reading!!! Embarassed But my manga spot is in bed @ nite with my mini LED reading lite & my 10 book high stack of my manga on my night stand(i keep the ones I want to read next to the bed so I don't have to get out of bed to grab another one when I finish one.(I also usually read about 3 manga a good night.)
Ethyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
bed, but my arm gets tired when i have to hold the book up for too long. still, bed is cozy. other times, i just seat on the carpet beside my book shelf, so i can just read then put them back
dragoness_crysta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quote
On my bed of course...this is the only place that I can completely relax and enjoy the beauty of manga.
Beldarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Mostly on my bed or on a couch. I do read everywhere, though. I remember that one day, about seven years ago (I'm 19 currently), when I wanted to be outside and read alone, I went into a nearby forest and sat on a small cliff. After the rock became too cold, I walked to a bus stop and sat on a wooden crate that had been used as a mailbox-crate thingie (the crate was next to the bus stop). For some weird reason the people passing by didn't even look at me, even though it must have been pretty weird. I mean, seeing a girl the size of Edward Elric sitting on a wooden crate next to a bus stop, reading a manga book... what's not weird about that? ...It should be weird, considering my country Finland is kinda backwards (oh, and I happen to live in a countryside/town hybrid)... so that isn't normal around here. Razz
Jade L.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote
On the bed. I can sit, lie on my side, lie on my stomach, lie on my other side, sit again, and the cycle continues Smile But soon I'll also be reading manga on the Greyhound bus on my way home (either that or listen to anime music).
sirgalahadthegreat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
Oh, anywhere's good, really. The manga's important, not the reader. If it's interesting, I could even read standing up.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, sometimes I read in a chair in my living room (but I like lie over the edges of the chair, sitting the normal way is too boring), lying in bed, or sitting on my bedroom floor. But I try not to do that last one since it's too hard...
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
For me it really depends on the season, like for instance, in the summer, I read my manga on the top of my roof. Yes, I read on my roof. That way I knock down two birds with one stone, I get to recieve a nice tan, and catch up on my reading. I know, ain't I a sneeky devil Twisted Evil

In the winter, I read my manga in my bedroom on my pillow a top my bed. I know, that is a bit disapointing from my super special awesome way for summer reading. But I live in Canada, and it ain't no fun reading a book covered in snow, believe me, i've tried Laughing

In the Fall and Spring, I read my manga on either the back or front porch.
cool3865

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote
either on my bed or on my computer desk chair, i have hardwood floors so sitting on that can hurt.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7