• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Shippuden (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Dolmus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Uh, the Hurricane Chroncles thing is the second season? I'm confused...

To filler haters: If you know it's a filler why watch it? Also fillers aren't that bad.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
Sasuke was never Naruto friend he is toying with him to obtain the power Itachi got that the vibe I getting from him. He want to obtain the eyes Itachi got and become a avenger for what Itachi did to his clan.

Naruto still considers Sasuke his friend despite that though. He is one of the only people in the world that can understand how Naruto feels. Gara does, but Naruto just met Gara while Sasuke he's known for practically his whole life. And Sasuke is one of the people that is apart of this family of friends Naruto has developed that have been the only reason he has been able to be free of his painful past. Because of all of this, even though Naruto grew up hating him, deep down inside he knows how brotherly close to Sasuke he is, you know, he knows how much he has done for him by just simply being himself. I would know as well as anyone else, because along with the many things I have in common with Naruto, I also have in common with him the fact that my best friend and I have the same kind of relationship. There are plenty of reasons for me to hate him, but considering the fact that he's done so much for me by just being himself, there are even more reasons for me to like him. And the fact that Naruto can be so forgiving of him that he wants to save him from this path of darkness he has followed and bring him back is a true testament as to how compassionate Naruto is, and just all around how good of a person he is. These are all the reasons why he is the main character, the hero.

It's like I've posted before on other threads: If you can't like either Naruto or Sasuke for their characters, then quite obviously, you don't understand what this series is all about, and you are watching it for all the wrong reasons.

Quote:

And to all the filler haters: If you know it's filler, why watch it?

I personally watched them all because I figured bad Naruto is better than no Naruto at all. I mean, there were a few that were really not that bad anyways, so no problems here.
kolibri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
It's like I've posted before on other threads: If you can't like either Naruto or Sasuke for their characters, then quite obviously, you don't understand what this series is all about, and you are watching it for all the wrong reasons.

Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you Wink

While I personally totally agree with you, "wrong reasons" is a bit extreme. Because one of the beauties about Naruto is that you can enjoy it in so many levels. For the 10-year olds it's got the cool and exciting ninja-fights and fart humour, and for more mature people it's got the deep and emotional characters and complicated plotlines. And you can enjoy it either way.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

While I personally totally agree with you, "wrong reasons" is a bit extreme. Because one of the beauties about Naruto is that you can enjoy it in so many levels. For the 10-year olds it's got the cool and exciting ninja-fights and fart humour, and for more mature people it's got the deep and emotional characters and complicated plotlines. And you can enjoy it either way.

Well, yeah, that is true. And you're right, "wrong reasons" is a bit extreme. It's just that without a complete understanding and a like for both of those two characters, as good as it is otherwise, it just isn't as good otherwise, since they are both the main focus of what this series is trying to say. But we both touched on this issue, so we're good.

Quote:

Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you Wink

Hey, no problem man! Very Happy Whatever I can say for this great series, I'll say, no problem. Wink

Last edited by BrothersElric on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
That analogy is flawed Brothers Elric because I think that Sasuke felt about Itachi the same way Naruto felt about Sasuke. I think that why Sasuke is following in the footsteps of Itachi because he deep down he still loves Itachi. Also,during the Naruto vs. Sasuke,Sasuke said to Naruto how do you know how I feel you were born alone do you know how its feel to have those people snatch away from you. That statement alone back up my opinion.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:56 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
That analogy is flawed Brothers Elric because I think that Sasuke felt about Itachi the same way Naruto felt about Sasuke. I think that why Sasuke is following in the footsteps of Itachi because he deep down he still loves Itachi.

Oh, yeah definatly. He loves him so much that he's trying to kill him for what he did to his clan, that makes perfect sense. Rolling Eyes

Fact of the matter is, he doesn't want to obtain power to follow in the footsteps of his brother, he wants power so that he can kill his brother. Remember how spoiler[he passed up on killing Naruto so that he could get the Mangekyo Sharingan? He did that because he didn't want to sink to Itachi's level, and because he wanted to beat him under his own power.]

/spoiler]

Thing is, he will do anything he possibly can, even sell his soul do the devil himself, even abandon all the good friendships he's made, obtain the power to kill his brother. But ask yourself this? What happens if he does get his revenge, then what? Now all he is is just a puppet of Orochimaru, and will be nothing than more the fuel Orochimaru needs to gain the power he wants, and he's thrown a perfectly good life with perfectly good friends away for it. Sasuke is a very confused little kid right now, wandering around in darkness. And Naruto is trying to bring him out of that darkness, out of that confused state, and bring him back into the light, where all of the people who love and care for him are; where all his friends are.

Also note how spoiler[Sasuke acknowledged that Naruto, HIS BEST FRIEND, is who he had to kill to get the Mangekyo Sharingan. that right there tells me that he at least somewhere deep down inside knows that he considers Naruto his best friend. As does that most memorable final scene in the rain, where he looks into Naruto's passed out face, and recognizes how he truly feels about him.]Sasuke and Naruto are best friends, and it is in this friendship that the true message is sent, if you can recognize it, that is.

Well, this is starting to get off topic. I love talking about it, but I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) don't want do have this thread get locked.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sasuke was never Naruto friend he is toying with him to obtain the power Itachi got that the vibe I getting from him. He want to obtain the eyes Itachi got and become a avenger for what Itachi did to his clan.

There's no "toying with him" going on. The feelings Sasuke has are genuine. If they weren't then Itachi's "formula" wouldn't work, because the way he did it was to kill the person he GENUINELY considered his best friend, and it was the trauma of that that allowed him to maximize his potential. If Sasuke didn't care, it wouldn't matter what he did.
bllanosr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quote
I just saw the raw and it definately was worth the wait. The only problem I probably have with it is the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I loved the beginning but for those haven't read the manga might get a little confused about it. It goes out of chronological order with the manga.

Manga reference:
www.mangavolume.com
Kakishi Gaiden: chapter 239-244
Intro t o shippuuden: starts at 245
Shippuuden anime: starts at 309 then back tracks to 245

So basically you should read capters 282-309 to understand the beginning of the new season. I'm not sure how they plan to go on with the series due to the back tracking, but they'll most likely explain the beginning eventually when they go back in chronological order and skip Kakashi Gaiden altogether.

Ok now for the spoilers:

Chapter 309 spoiler[It basically starts off with Sakura, Naruto and (won't know who he is ]unless you've read chapters 282+) spoiler[Sai] spoiler[looking for Sasuke in Orichimaru's liar and then Sai finding Sasuke (who doesn't look as femine in the manga - thak god). They have their short talk (shorter than the manga) and then back track to ] chapter 245 spoiler[where Naruto and Jiraiya come back to Konoha. Naruto finds out about Temari and Shikumaru being junins, Gaara being Kazekagi and everyone else being chunins, except him. They have a great scene with Konohamaru and his gang with Sakura. It just has everything you'd expect from all of the involved characters. You then see Diedra (who I am convinced is a guy, thought it was a girl before) and the puppet master Atsuki guy Sasori entering the village of the sand (episodes 1-2 ends here). Can't wait for the fight that happens next. But I doubt they will show that in the next episode cause it looks like it will be the nostalgic capture the bell game with Kakashi and Naruto meeting the rest of the Konoha ensemble. ] The music score is just wonderful and goes well with scene/theme and the opening theme song is probably done by Flow who did "fighting dreamers". Ending song is kind of ehh for my taste. They changed some of the voice actors but seemed to keep Naruto, Tsunade and maybe Jiraiya's original VA and voice. They also have these little intermission where they show young/old versions of the character and them presenting the new series with a character from Shi- p(chisai tsu) - pu - u (stops here) - u - de - n .
DaZ616

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:43 am Reply with quote
What can i say? Magnificent!

The beginning was dramatic and got me off my seat. The animation in quality terms was excellent in the beginning, just like an anime movie's quality. However, the quality started to slip downwards after the intro.

The ending theme was quite nice, suits the mood for the endning animation.

I've read the manga, and whoaaa....let me tell you, i still cant wait for more Naruto Eps to come out!

Overall, the eps 1-2 was excellent in introducing the characters again and had great techniques to begin the new naruto series.

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, sweet, sweet, I'm in heaven. It was really all I was hoping it would be, and more.

I mean, what a gutsy way to start the series - I couldn't believe my luck. That's exactly the scene I've been most wanting to see, and I can only wager a guess I'm not the only one. Animation, especially with the intro, was just superb - it'll be interesting to see the fight scenes in the next episode on how the quality holds up.

Extra points for the fantastic new OP - I admit I hated the idea of having hip hop as a Naruto OP but that works just perfectly. ED was good too, I loved the animation although song was a bit generic, I was waiting for more from Home Made Kazoku. And new soundtrack - oh wow, nothing recycled, it's totally new. Soundtrack in the intro was heavy and so suitable, Akatsuki bit was good, and the new theme for "Sadness and sorrow" type situations was excellent.

I'm so so happy, I can't wait for the next one.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I hadn't seen any new Naruto in over a year, and had slowly been forgetting why I loved the show so much in the first place. Of course, looking back on the first series, Naruto still bugs the heck out of me; but I'm really liking the new Naruto's character. Yeah, he's still the same in a lot of areas, but both by the end of the first series and even more so now, he does seem to have matured a lot. I'm most excited to see the first fight, and to see if he actually has matured beyond his one track "rely on Kyuubi" mindset. How Naruto fights this time around, after two and a half years of training and maturation, could really make or break the series.

Oh yeah, the soundtrack. I totally agree that it is excellent. I'm glad they didn't reuse any of the music yet, and although I get the sneaking suspicion much of it will be in the future, here's to hoping it's not. So far though, the new soundtrack I would definitely put in an upper tier ranking among recent anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I just barely got done watching the episodes, and all I have to say is WOW!!!!

That was amazing! Just simply amazing! And if it was that good with just the things that were in this episode, just think of how good the better parts of the time jump will be!

And the intro was even more incredible. I thought it was really brilliant how they used that part of the series to introduce it! It's very fitting.

The new OP/ED were both awesome as well. These may very well be two of the better ones they've done.

The musical score is definitely an improvement. It is a lot more fitting for the events going on then it was in the other series. Although the other original score had it's moments though. I'm actually kind of hoping that they do an improved symphonic version or something of "sadness and sorrow" eventually. Now that would be something!

All in all, I am very impressed. Or in the words of Eric Cartman: "Swe-e-etCool"

selenta wrote:

I'm most excited to see the first fight, and to see if he actually has matured beyond his one track "rely on Kyuubi" mindset. How Naruto fights this time around, after two and a half years of training and maturation, could really make or break the series.

Oh boy are you in for a real treat!
Last_September

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I just heard about the new Naruto arc and watched it ASAP. The animation and music were top notch (even better than the first movie). They made good use of the fillers and flashbacks. I'm a little disappointed that Kakashi's gaiden wasn't animated but I think the director made a good choice of re-introducing the new Naruto.

Oh, what's with those keywords?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I really liked what they've shown so far. I think it was a good move to preview the next arc right off the bat, especially since Sasuke wouldn't otherwise appear for another 30 episodes or more. and he's the most popular character in the series.

As for the "trimmings", the omake scenes were fun, the expanded Konohamaru scenes were fun, overall a good translation. I don't like the new opening as much as the last one though, that was a good opening, shame it was tied to such a lame run of episodes.
CaRDz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Drastic changes in an anime series SCARE me.

I guess it would've been better if they actually showed Naruto and the gang growing up and not just randomly making them be taller/older the next time we see them. And if the 100 or so filler episodes were just to build up for the second season, they shoulda added much better foreshadowing hints that Naruto and the rest will have a more "mature" look to them.

But that doesn't mean I'm saying that the second season will be a turndown. I just hope they have far lesser filler eps than season 1 did.

Actually, I even thought Naruto was at its N'th season. hehe
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 62