• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eureka 7 --- Couple of Questions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I really went beast on the anime this winter. I better slow down and get back to my life -_-.

Well anyway, I finished Eureka 7 this morning, gave it a masterpiece, and then went to sleep at 5:00 (A.M). I have a couple of questions regarding some of the plot.

What is the Summer of Love?

They kept mentioning it and it was confusing the daylight out of me.

What is the Seven Swell Phenomenon?

Everytime I see some giant rainbow thing, I'm like "Ah, so that's the Seven Swell." And then Holland comes out of no where saying "Wait. That's no Seven Swell..." And I don't get it...

Why is Ray's ring in a piece of amber when spoiler[they arive on Earth]?

They never explained that either.

So thanks if you can explain any of that to me.
moondoggie84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Why is Ray's ring in a piece of amber when they

spoiler[haha look more closely at the ring its says R to E meaning renton to eureka. It just kinda symbolizes that they are meant to be together.]

the other 2 are harder for me to explain so maybe someone else will come and answer it better than I could
drakonslair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[The summer of love was when the first 2 (priest guy and flower girl, I suck with names ok Smile ) attempted to do what eureka and renton did as I understand it. I would imagine that a similar event occured as to what you see at the end of the series. Names Summer of love due to the love that exists between the two characters ]

Cant explain the Seven Swell thing as I dont remember Holland saying thats not it...memory is hazy on that one.
moondoggie84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[No i believe that the 1st summer of love was when adrock was with eureka in the nirvash then he stopped it cus it meant it would destroy the earth or something so he pulled the compact/amita drive out and disappeared into the command cluster. What Norbu and Sakuya did was they attempted to travel to the true promiss land to communicate with the scub. Not really sure What the 1st summer of love was]

the seven swell effect spoiler[ is the combined will of eureka and renton cus their emotions are communicated to the nirvash through the amita drive. Its basically like trapar as a weapon. Later they have more control over what the are doing like just using it to tear reflection film off.]

Tho like i said someone else might have a better explination
drakonslair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:15 pm Reply with quote
moondoggie84 wrote:
spoiler[No i believe that the 1st summer of love was when adrock was with eureka in the nirvash then he stopped it cus it meant it would destroy the earth or something so he pulled the compact/amita drive out and disappeared into the command cluster. What Norbu and Sakuya did was they attempted to travel to the true promiss land to communicate with the scub. Not really sure What the 1st summer of love was]

spoiler[Hmm but isnt what Adrock stopped the same thing Norbu and Sakuya attempted? And what Renton and Eureka suceeded in doing later? ]

Yeah Im not too sure either now.
moondoggie84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
It's not the same thing.
I do know for sure that when they refer to the 1st summer of love they are talking about the event with eureka and adrock[/spoiler]

spoiler[When R and E traveled to earth's surface thats not the second summer of love its a special event for a true connection between coralians and humans. I think that's why it would have failed in the case of adrock because he was not her true partner.]
tru-alucard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:19 am Reply with quote
i had to go thru the anime again to find specific moments and verify the ring thing, but heres what i found, hope it sheds some lights on things

2nd summer of love - spoiler[as stated earlier, it was a period of true connection between the coralian and humans, the original one was never talked about to my knowledge other then in passing (ie not actually described in detail).]

the ring in amber - spoiler[altho it's never given a clear reason on why/what it means, i personally think it's their way of saying that this is all destiny and possible that it'd happened before (because of the foot prints and such that were below the amber)]

seven swell - spoiler[altho i still haven't figured out why it's called that (because if you look, you never see 7 rings, or only 7 colors, or any obvious reason to call it that, i think that moondogie gave the best explanation of it. it's their emotions going into a heightened state and directly affecting the trapar. later on you'll find they do it far more commonly after they become closer, eventually leading to the end where renton uses it to transform the nirvash into the final form you see it in (all white with the green accents).]
coffee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
I think the reason Holland says "that's not the seven swell" a few times is that spoiler[the true swell destroys everything in a certain radius, as witnessed in episode 1. Later in the series when Renton and Eureka activate it they control it to an extent, so that it's the seven swell, but not really the swell because it is used for a different purpose and in a different manner.]

Last edited by coffee on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
moondoggie84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quote
yeah thats a pretty good idea about it coffee it makes sense to me.

yeah with the ring thats sort of what i was getting at tho i dunno if i would go as far to say it has happenned before.

Good stuff tho i enjoyed reading it all
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1